t w e n t y t w o

Jungkook couldn't take it anymore. It was 11 AM, that night Lisa and her friends were going back to Lakedale. He slipped on his comfiest timberlands.

He then opened the front door, and just bolted. He sprinted, as fast as his legs could go. He dodged all the early morning shoppers with ease. Around ten minutes later, he finally stopped in front of a huge mansion.

He took a moment to catch his breath, before slowly walking up the huge driveway. He knocked on the door, and a pink haired teen came to the door.

"Can I help you?" She drawled. "Uhm..yes, is Lisa here? Lisa Manoban?" Jungkook asked, thrown off by the girl's vibe.

"Who's asking?" The girl glared. "Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook said. The girl stared at him, up and down.

"Okay, you don't look like a murderer or kidnapper. Go on up." The girl said, stepping out of the way. "Up the stairs, first door on your right. I'm her sister, by the way. Our parents aren't here." Lisa's pink haired sister said.

"Thanks." Jungkook grinned, before slowly making his way up the stairs. He took a deep breath, and knocked on the door.

"Huh? Come in." He heard a confused voice from inside. He opened the door, to see Lisa sitting at a vanity table. When she saw who he was, she gasped and stood up.

"What in the world are you doing here?" She asked, trying to fix her hair. "We need to talk.." Jungkook said.

"We could've talked somewhere else. Did Ryujin let you in?" Lisa glared. "Your sister did. Lisa, please just tell me what I did wrong." Jungkook pleaded, taking a few steps closer to her.

"You didn't do anything wrong." She said, avoiding his eyes. "Then why are you so freaked out? I-...I miss you." He said sadly. Lisa's eyes widened, but she quickly covered it up.

"Y-You didn't do anything wrong! What we were doing was wrong! You have a girlfriend, Jungkook. I feel like such a slut." Lisa whispered. Jungkook didn't know her well enough to know that she was lying.

"If you want me to break up with Yeri, I will!" Jungkook said. Lisa rolled her eyes. "No! That's not right, Jungkook. Because if you did that, you'd make me think that I mean something to you. We were fuck buddies, that's all we were." She snapped.

Jungkook felt like he had been punched in the stomach. "You don't think you mean anything to me?" He asked, his voice dangerously low.

"Of course I don't. I'm just the stupid nerdy girl that you fucked for a while." She said. Out of nowhere, he took two long strides, grabbed her head and clashing their lips together.

She tried to resist, but couldn't get out of his strong grasp. She finally pushed his chest away, making him fall back. She rubbed her lips.

"That doesn't mean anything?" He asked again. She shook her head, but he could see tears forming in her eyes.

"Look, Lisa, if you don't want to tell me what's actually going on, then don't, all right? I don't need you. If that's the way you're gonna be, then I might as well just leave." He yelled.

"Then leave! I don't need you either!" She yelled. He glared at the girl, watching a lone tear roll down her cheek. He stormed out of her room, where she locked the door after him, kicking it in frustration.

"Ugh!" She yelled, stomping her feet. But then she crumpled to the ground, sobbing in her own self pity.

Jungkook ran home, his vision blurry due to tears.

Both hearts, once united, were now broken.

🏵

Jennie snuck into the hall. Her parents had just finished their screaming, and it had ended with her mother leaving. She didn't know how long she would be gone for.

Her dad was probably wasted already, and it was only 10 PM. She was proven right when she tiptoed into the kitchen, and saw her father passed out on the couch in the living room.

She grabbed the keys to his BMW, and rushed out of the house. She put the keys in, and started up the car. She took off to her best friend's house.

She stopped outside of Jisoo's house, a few cars down because she didn't want Jisoo's parents to notice. She texted the girl, and a few minutes later she knocked on the car door.

Jennie jumped out, grinning. "Shall we?" She asked, waving the keys in the black haired girl's face. "Of course. But I'm driving." She smiled.

Jennie rolled her eyes, reluctantly handing over the keys. But before they could get into the car, they heard footsteps, followed by yells.

Jennie was grabbed by her collar, and held up above the ground. She yelled out in surprise. She then felt a click against her head.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Jisoo being help up too. "Hand it over, or the girl gets it!" A voice boomed beside her ear. And then, in the light of a flashlight, she saw Taehyung's face.

Beside him, were Namjoon and Yoongi. "No!" Tae yelled, jumping out. But Yoongi stopped him. "It's okay. Just let her die." He said calmly.

Jennie felt like her heart was going at 100000 mph. "No, I'm not letting her die." Tae said firmly, taking something out of his pocket.

"Taehyung..don't you dare." Namjoon said in a 'i'm warning you' tone. But Tae didn't listen. He opened his palm, and Jennie gasped when she saw two beautiful rings.

The man snatched them from his hand, and Jennie fell to the ground, finally able to breathe again. She gasped for air, and Jisoo did the same beside her.

"You owe me big time." Tae barked, before running off. "What was that?!" Jisoo asked. "Let's just get out of here." Jennie said, taking one last look at the direction Tae had sprinted off in.

And with that, they revved up the engine, and were off to collect the third of their trio.

———

lisa and jungkook's scene was inspired by that scene from friends, when ross tells rachel that she's too late, and he leaves and she locks like 8 locks on the door but then begins to cry.

i always cry at that scene. but i love friends hehe.

-mina 💓