t h i r t y n i n e

Lisa fixed the angel wings on her back. The dance had only been going on for ten minutes, but she still needed a bathroom break. Taehyung for some reason had convinced her to go as Juliet from Romeo and Juliet, but she wasn't complaining, she had already received countless compliments tonight.

She looked simple in a plain white gown, angel wings 'sprouting' from her shoulders. Her hair was in a low bun, and a small white headband sat on her head.

She had a very detailed white mask to cover her face, completing the look. She slowly made her way to the bathroom door, and to her surprise, Mingyu was waiting outside the door for her.

"Babe." He smiled, sliding his arm around her waist. She smiled uncomfortably. Something had been off with Mingyu recently. Or maybe it had been her.

She knew deep down that it was her. And it was all Jungkook's fault. And she knew what she had to do.

Because she liked Jungkook.

As much as she hated saying it, she did, and she must give into her feelings. "Mingyu, can we talk?" She muttered, steering the both of them to the balcony of the hall the school rented out.

He nodded, letting her lead the way. "What is it, Babe?" The tone of his voice surprised her. It sounded almost aggressive, but she shook it off.

"Mingyu...I'm sorry, but I don't think we're working anymore." She said with no difficulty. Lisa had always been blunt, it was a curse and a blessing, but here it was the latter.

"What?" He said through gritted teeth. "I'm sorry." She said, kissing his cheek. "Are you breaking up with me?" Lisa felt fear rise in her throat as his grip tightened on her wrist. But she wasn't afraid to look him in the eyes, and nod.

To her surprise, he let go, and smiled. "Whatever, you'll come back." He smiled, walking away. She rolled her eyes at his arrogance. She wasn't emotional, she had nothing to lose with him.

Now that she was looking back, he was just a rebound.

She happily skipped through the crowd to where Taehyung had been before her bathroom break, and to no surprise, he was still there, conversing with Baekhyun, another senior.

He smiled and nodded at them, walking away to respect their privacy. "Sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if you know where Jungkook is?" She asked him, and he nodded, pointing to the door leading to the stairs. She smiled, thanking him, and making her way to tell him the good news.

Surely he'd been over the moon. She knew how he felt at her, and at this point she wasn't even afraid of him hurting her as she opened the door, happier—

She stopped in her tracks when she saw Jungkook.

Jungkook and Yeri.

Jungkook and Yeri kissing.

She held her hands up to her mouth as Jungkook turned around, horror spreading on his face when he saw who was watching them. She could see Yeri smirking through tears.

"Lisa-"

She held up a hand, signaling him to stop. He opened and closed his mouth helplessly, unknowing of what she wanted him to do. But before he could do anything, she turned and fled.