f o u r t y

"Lilith, wake up." Jon's gentle voice started to wake me up. "Lilith, it's the 24th, today Christmas eve."

Slowly I opened my eyes, my emotions and feelings were drained dry the past days.

The return of our father and afterwards their grandfather made me into a workaholic.

I tried my best to avoid seeing them the whole day, I studied for school, even further then we actually were.

Even though we had holidays.

Just to keep myself busy, I wanted to get my mind of the fact that everyone acted strange.

Our father drove to shops everyday, he tried to find the teddy bear I mentioned to him and in the night he searched for it on the computer.

He really wanted me to forgive him, huh.

Their grandfather on the other hand greeted me on the day he arrived with a handshake and some actual nice words.

"I know you aren't my real granddaughter, but I still bought you one present." He stated to me, not changing his facial expression or trying to sound joyful, no.

I didn't really know what to do with this information, but the atmosphere was better when he arrived for the first time.

Maybe because nobody dragged me off a stage this time.

My cheeks heated up, that must be the Christmas spirit, everyone was on their best behaviour, the spirit of charity.

This wholesome time didn't last long, the moment our father greeted their grandfather the expression on both of their faces changed.

The boys really wanted to change the bad blood between them, yet they tried everything.

We baked cookies together, watched a lot more Christmas movies and even sang Christmas songs.

They only one enjoying every activity we did together was Jonathan.

So much family quality time really made his heart beat faster.

He ignored all the bad vibes and was happy about all that we did.

Jon even tried to go ice skating with the whole family, but Victor forbid it.

"What about some quality family time?" Jon clapped his hands in excitement, as he registered that everyone was home today.

I wasn't fond of this idea, especially because of my father, I glanced at him unhappy and I think he noticed.

He started wiggling on one feet to another, biting his lip.

"Like what? We have enough cookies, I won't sing another Christmas song till Christmas eve and I think Lilith will riot if we watch another Christmas movie." Xander rolled his eyes, clearly not as happy about this as Jon.

"I have the perfect idea!" Jon put out his mobile phone, typing something in it and then calling a number.

"Jonathan Clover, Clover Companies, could I speak to you manager?" A sheepish grin formed on his face, while my face was in complete shock.

Manager? Who was he calling?

"Yes, hello, thank you, I really appreciated your work, too." Jon looked at his nails, while he spoke.

"Now, I call you because I wanted to take a reservations for the ice stadium." He paused. "Yes for ourselves."

I gasped silently, nobody seemed as faced about this as me. Reserve a whole ice stadium for us alone? That's insane and costs a lot of money.