See U Tonight

Kate was awoken the next morning by the smell of coffee wafting through her bedroom. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled to see Dave with his bare back facing her direction as he placed the two mugs of coffee onto her dresser. She watched the way his muscles contorted as he moved, before he turned around with a smirk from ear to ear.

"Good morning beautiful." Dave smiled as he pushed her legs open, crawling up towards her face. He lightly caressed her face before applying a chaste kiss to her lips. Kate slowly kissed back, running her fingers up and down his back. As they pulled away he rested his face on her bare stomach before mumbling, "I like you."

"I like you too." She smiled down at him to receive a smile back. Today was the last day Dave would be staying with her before heading back up North. She enjoyed his company. He had shown her how to stay positive mentally, and even taught her some calming yoga stretches if she felt the need to sweat her anxieties away. Over the past couple weeks there relationship had grown stronger than ever. They never made anything official but they enjoyed each other's company. Although she had spent most of her time with Dave, Kate couldn't get her kiss with John out of her head. She didn't know why she did it. She felt embarrassed. The kiss to her felt nothing romantic, only empathetic. Watching John recover from his addiction weighted so many emotions onto her. She felt it was her fault he had gotten into that mess. Her thoughts were interrupted as she felt something cool drape around her neck. Looking down was a small silver chain. A tiny stud hung center, just below her collarbone.

"Dave. I-What is this?" Kate mumbled in surprise as her fingers trailed along the silver.

"What does it look like? It's a necklace. I made it for you. I know it's not perfect, but I've been into making my own jewelry lately. I designed that little stud myself. I've been making a lot of silver studs for my leather jackets and such. I know you don't like diamonds and glitter so I thought you would like an edge to your jewelry." Dave explained, holding the necklace in between his two fingers before slowly letting it fall back onto her chest. A couple of seconds passed by as she stood silent. She nodded and stuttered, "I love it Dave. Thank you so much." She placed a kiss to his forehead in a thanking way. He smiled back before continuing the conversation.

"So...The band is having a concert tonight? I heard rumors they would be signing a new contract."

"Really? What kind of contract?" Kate asked, trying to figure out why John hadn't mentioned anything involving a contract to her.

"Not sure. I don't even know if it's true. But Anthony called me. And he invited me to come tonight. I'm sure you always have an invitation, so maybe I'll see you tonight?" Her heart stopped. No, no. She thought. This was bad. How would John react? She couldn't bare to think of his reaction if Dave were to show. She had to tell him no. She would simply make up an excuse that she wasn't going tonight, therefore Dave wouldn't go. Right? Simple. But her nerves got the best of her as Kate replied, "Sure! Sounds fun."

"Cool! Sounds great. I'm excited to see how the band is doing. I know Anthony and I got on the wrong foot before I was removed but he sounded so sincere on the phone. I would be happy to make peace with him and the rest of the band. It would mean a lot." He explained as Kate watched her love life flash before her very own eyes. The anxiety attacks started to come back. She would be left alone again. John would hate her. Dave would hate her. Everyone would hate her and she would be left alone. Quickly pushing Dave away as he began to pin her down on the bed she apologized, "I'm sorry! I....I have a shift! At the pharmacy! I forgot." It was a lie, but a believable one that Dave understood.

"Oh no! Do you want me to drive you?"

"No! I'll be fine." Kate explained as she began to dress quickly, tossing Dave his jacket. Both dressed individuals made there way to the door. Right before she could exit he grabbed her hand before adding, "See you tonight."

"Sure." She smiled before letting him exit. Slamming the door behind him, she curled beneath her feet onto the cold wooden floor. This situation seemed to0 surreal. Anthony getting along with Dave? It all seemed like bullshit to her. Her stress and anxiety ate at her mind for a couple of minutes before she decided to give Anthony a call.

"Katie-pie! What's up-"

"Why did you invite Dave?"

"Dave Navarro? How did you find out?" Anthony asked confused. Fuck. I totally forgot he doesn't know about our relationship, Kate thought as her face began to redden in embarrassment.

"I saw him at the grocery store. He told me he was coming to the concert tonight. He said you had invited him." She lied while listening to him sigh on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah. I called him. I wanted to straighten things out between us. John suggested it was a good idea to invite him as well. Is there a problem? I know you two had a little thing going on for a while, but that's over now. I don't understand why you would feel uncomfortable if you've moved on-"

"Anthony. I'm fine. I was just curious because I remember how ugly the situation was when you kicked him out. Okay? I'm fine. Stop assuming I'm not. Everything's fine." Kate had snapped. She wasn't mad at Anthony. But his words, John suggested it was a good idea to invite him as well rang throughout her head like church bells. This was Johns doing. He was being so manipulative, for what reason? What was he gaining by doing this? So many emotions ran through her mind she hadn't even noticed Anthony kept asking if she was still on the line.

"Kate, sweetie, I have to go now. This conversation isn't going anywhere and I'm wasting time. I need to go back to practicing with the band. I'll tell them you said hi. See you tonight." He explained, hoping she would reply back.

"See you tonight. Definitely tell them I said hi." She smiled through her teeth before hanging up and mumbling, you can also tell John to fuck himself.