eighteen.

Hoseok felt his face warm up as he read his emails with Yoongi. The kitten-like male never failed to get him all flustered, whether it be with his one-liners or his soft gummy smiles. He couldn't even pay attention to Taehyung's presentation today. He just thought Yoongi's concentrated face was more interesting.

A soft knock sounded on his door and he looked up to see a smiling Taehyung in his office. His face lit up like the sun at his dongsaeng's appearance. Now, why was he here...?

Oh, right. Hoseok was supposed to print out the contract for the CEO to sign. He looked at Taehyung's expectant face. He was so caught up in Yoongi that he forgot his work.

"Ah, Tae, you're here already. Let me get those papers..." Taehyung pouted.

"Hobi hyung, I want to come too," Hoseok chuckled and ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"Tae, just stay here for a moment. I have to go print them, I'll be right back," Hoseok heard him hum in response and closed the door. He walked down the aisle to the nearest printer, where he had sent the contract to print.  A short black-haired male stood there too, waiting patiently. "Yoongi?"

He didn't notice Park Co's CEO sneak into the room he had just left.

Yoongi turned and a light pink dusted his cheeks. "Hobi? Do you need anything?" Hoseok chuckled. "No, I just needed to print something." Yoongi nodded. "So did I. Oh, is this yours then?" Yoongi held up his contract. Hobi smiled and took it from him. "Yeah..." A few moments of silence passed in between them as they waited for Yoongi's packet to finish printing. 

"Hey, Yoongs, can I ask you something?" Yoongi flushed at the nickname and shyly nodded. Hoseok took a deep breath. "Wouldyouliketogoonadatewithme?"

Yoongi turned, confused, and gave a small chuckle. "What?" Hoseok breathed in again.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" Hoseok mentally braced himself for the rejection. He squeezed his eyes shut, afraid of what his crush would say. A soft hand was placed on his shoulder, and he slowly opened his eyes.

"I would love to, Hobi." Hoseok's heart lept in ecstasy. "R-really?" Yoongi chuckled and nodded. "Yes, really. My stuff's done printing. Can I get your number?" Hoseok blushed and nodded. They walked back to Hoseok's office and he pushed down on the handle, only to find it wouldn't budge. "Huh, weird..." 

"Oh, your second key," Yoongi suggested, Hoseok smiled and fished it out of his pocket and unlocked the door, only to find the most horrific scene. 

Taehyung was on his knees, tears flowing freely down his cheeks, with Chanyeol over him, thrusting into his mouth at an animalistic pace. 

Hoseok snapped out of his trance when Yoongi whispered "Tae," next to him. Hoseok ran towards the two and grabbed ahold of Chanyeol's suit, throwing him to the ground. Yoongi rushed to the nearly unconscious Taehyung. Hoseok felt fury flow into his veins and he saw red. He promised he would protect Taehyung. It was the last promise he had made to Taehyung's mom before she died. 

Chanyeol rushed to pull up his pants before Hoseok punched him. Although Hoseok was shorter, he kept his fists in front of him, ramming them into his face, his knuckles coming away bloodier each time. 

He barely heard the people gathering outside the room. The anger that clouded his brain was the only thing that he paid attention to. Strong arms grabbed Hoseok's waist and torso and pulled him away from the injured Chanyeol. He turned to see Jo Kwon and Hyungwon holding him back. 

"Don't dirty your hands by touching filth, Hoseok." He turned back to Taehyung, who was now in Jeongguk's arms. It was the first time he saw his boss crying.

"Tae, please open your eyes. Please, Tae." He hugged Taehyung's unconscious frame close to his chest, his body shaking from his sobs. Chaeyoung approached them, leaning down, and whispered something in Jeongguk's ear. He stopped crying and nodded slowly. Jeongguk rose to his feet, carrying Taehyung in his arms. The crowd parted as the CEO walked through it. Hoseok saw Yoongi still sitting where he had held Taehyung and made his way towards him. 

"Yoongi..." Hoseok crouched down to Yoongi's level and the latter looked up at him with teary eyes. "Why did that have to happen to him...?" Hoseok shushed him and puller him closer, letting him cry on his shoulder.

"It's okay, he has Jeongguk, right? He's going to be fine..."

- - - - - 

:'(

- cks