twenty four.

Jeongguk stood on his driveway and watched Miyeon shove her things into her car, angrily climb in and start it up. The engine took a second to rest before revving up and propelling her down the pavement. Before making her way to where ever she was going to stay, she rolled down her window. She made a movement with her hand, telling Jeongguk to come closer. Slowly, he sidled up to her car and bent down. 

"You're making a mistake, sweetie. You won't find another girl like me." 

Jeongguk softly chuckled at her threat, catching the boiling girl off guard. He straightened and met her glare.

"That's what I'm hoping for." 

- - -

Taehyung was making ramen for both of them when Jeongguk finally walked into the house. He smiled at his boyfriend's considerateness and made his way towards the kitchen, wrapping his arms around Taehyung's waist. He gasped in surprise and Jeongguk nuzzled his cheek into Taehyung's shoulder. 

Wordlessly, Taehyung turned and engulfed Jeongguk in a warm hug. Jeongguk was a bit taken aback, but smiled and responded. After a while, Taehyung finally pulled back with teary eyes and dragged Jeongguk to the living room, not forgetting the ramen. He pushed him down onto the couch and sat down next to him, hanging his head.

Jeongguk smiled and opened his arms, pulling Taehyung close. He placed his head on Jeongguk's chest and hugged his waist, snuggling into his embrace. Jeongguk's cologne drifted off in waves and tickled his nose. More comfortable silence and steam from the noodles filled the air around them. 

Jeongguk drew shapes on Taehyung's back with one hand and played with his hair with the other. Suddenly his mind went to his little surprise.

"Angel?"

Taehyung felt his cheeks warm up as he looked up to meet his lover's eyes. He could see his tired face in Jeongguk's orbs. He hummed softly.

"What I wanted to tell you earlier... before all that...happened..."

Taehyung sat up with attention, ready for what Jeongguk was going to say. His eyes went full circle without him realizing it and Jeongguk chuckled, stroking a line down the curve of Teahyung's cheek.

"I...I want you to move in with me."

Taehyung frowned. Normally, he would've smiled and shaken his head yes, excited with the prospect of living with Jeongguk. But after Miyeon's departing, he just didn't think it was right. He wanted to stay as close to Jeongguk as he could, but not just yet. Surely Jeongguk would feel some void where Miyeon was and Taehyung didn't want to replace her a few minutes after she left.

"I want that too, Gguk. But could we...wait a bit...?" Taehyung kept his head, not wanting to meet Jeongguk's eyes, scared of how he would react. He heard a soft sigh from Jeongguk and finally lifted his head.

Jeongguk had a soft smile on his face and he spoke reassuringly.

"Of course, baby. Whenever you're ready." Taehyung smiled wide and placed a loving kiss on Jeongguk's lips.

After a few more beats of silence, Taehyung spoke.

"When did your relationship with Miyeon go bad?"