twenty three.

Miyeon's silhouette was lined with gold. Her hair was tinged with the light from outside, making it look like pixie dust. Her shadow stretched out long and thin in front of her. One of her hands was grasping the doorknob and she had a disbelieving look on her face. Like she could close the door and when she opened it again, it would just be Jeongguk. Like it was a weird hallucination of some sort. But that wasn't going to happen.

"What the fuck is going on here?" She repeated, her stance belligerent at the entrance of the room. Belligerent, but not sure of herself, not sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her.

For the first time, Taehyung felt the surge of panic, like a tingling at the base of his neck. His heart was thumping in his chest, laboring as if he'd been running. Taehyung swallowed hard, unable to make more than shallow breaths. He looked at his lover's face.

Jeongguk had his head turned towards Miyeon but kept his grip around Taehyung, tugging him close. His handsome features were set and unfazed, but Taehyung could see a pink hue creeping up his neck. 

Miyeon was the first to snap out of the staring contest and train her furious eyes on Taehyung.

"You bitch," She spat, taking slow steps towards the foot of the bed. Taehyung took another desperate glance at Jeongguk, only to find his face blank. He clutched onto his bicep anyway, cringing away from the approaching Miyeon.

"You couldn't control yourself, could you, slut? Couldn't resist spreading your legs?" 

Miyeon looked right at Taehyung. He couldn't look away like he normally would, because her gaze wasn't lofty, judging like it usually was. It was scared. Her normally sharp, discerning brown eyes were wide, with way too much white showing. Her voice was steady and laced with anger, but she looked like she was on the verge of losing something forever. Losing someone.

Her orbs shot to Jeongguk instead, taking on a broken look to them. 

"How could you cheat on me, babe? I thought we loved each other...." She let a sobbing breath past her lips and Jeongguk looked up at her. Taehyung did too, trying to read his eyes. Jeongguk's orbs were neutral and looked almost black in the dark room. His voice was smooth and confident when he spoke.

"You never loved me." He sat up a bit straighter and looked Miyeon dead in the eyes.  

"It's funny how you call someone a slut when you've had sex with so many behind my back."

Taehyung widened his eyes and looked at Miyeon. Her bottom lip quivered, face showing pure fear. She looked anywhere except at Jeongguk's eyes. He felt pity grow in his stomach for his lover. It must've been heartbreaking for him to know about his girlfriend's actions and intentions. 

"You loved my money and power, not me. And I've been torturing myself for too long with this relationship." 

Miyeon looked up, mouth agape in shock. She leaned forward and grabbed Jeongguk's hand.

"Please, babe, don't leave me. I love you, I mean it!" Jeongguk's face hardened and he pulled his hand back from Miyeon's grip. He instead placed it on Taehyung's arm. 

"We're over. Get your stuff out of my house and I don't ever want to see you again."

------------------------------------------

ik this is short

the next one's gonna be short too

but like finally 

the toxic level is gonna level out for a bit since miyeon is outta the picture now

<3

- cks