You Failed! Kakashi's Final Decision

We all met back up by the three wooden posts, only this time, Naruto was tied to one of them. And judging by the way his stomach growled so loudly, I'd say his reason for being there was rather obvious.

"Uh oh. Stomach's growling, huh? That's too bad."

Geez Mr. Kakashi... you sure are harsh, do you really need to tease him on top of everything else?

"Oh, by the way, about this exercise? Well, I've decided I won't send any of you back to the Academy."

"What? I passed? All I did was faint and fall over. Do you get points for that?"

Everyone was happy- even Sasuke. 

"Then- Then that means all four of us- I mean all four of us?"

Kakashi smiled, but it was definitely not a kind one, "Yes. You three are being dropped from the program. Permanently."

That instantly shut up their cheering- I mean really, you guys. I didn't see exactly what happened, but you didn't even manage to get one bell between the three of you!

"D-drop us from the program? That means we can never become ninja! You said if we couldn't take the bells, we'd be sent back to the Academy! You can't just change your mind and kick us out! Why would you do that?"

"Because you don't think like ninja. You think like little kids, like brats. You haven't even noticed that (F/N) was able to take one of the bells from me."

Then, everything seemed to go in slow motion as Sasuke, the usually calm and collected one, sprang forward and lurched at Mr. Kakashi. I gasped, but quickly recovered my composure.

Wow, his words were harsh, but I never thought he'd be able to trigger this side of Sasuke- I didn't even know there was this side of him!

However, Sasuke's movements were quickly halted when Mr. Kakashi... sat.. on him?

"You think it's all about you." He said as he pushed Sasuke's head into the dirt.

"Let go of Sasuke! You can't step on him like he's a bug!"

"You don't know what it means to be a ninja. You think it's a game huh? Why do you think we put you on squads? Did any of you three consider that question for one moment? I know (F/N) did. She told me herself. She knew that you three were too focused on yourselves to see the full picture!"

"Uh, I don't know what you mean?"

"I mean, you never realized what this exercise is all about. Not even close."

"What it's about?"

"Yes, that's what determines whether you pass or fail."