The Oath of Pain!

This silence is... unnerving, to say the least.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as a bead of sweat rolled down the back of my neck. We were all waiting... waiting for something, anything to happen. 

"You're finished."

...

"All right!"

I jolted as Naruto, who was on the ground to the left of me, shouted. I turned to him in confusion. Then, Sakura began laughing, or well, it sounded more like a nervous chuckle.

They're too relaxed, he's not dead which means there's still a chance for something to happen.

I dug my fingers into the earth just as Zabuza Momochi began laughing as well.

"What the-?"

"Huh?"

His ominous laugh put me more on edge as I gripped the ground, ready to send the rogue flying.

"Finished? You really don't get it do you? Your technique is nothing but a crass imitation. I'll never be defeated by a mere copycat ninja like you."

H-how dare he talk to my sensei like that! I oughta pummel this fool into the ground myself.

It seems Zabuza's words irked Mr. Kakashi as well as his grip on the kunai knife tightened.

"You are full of surprises, though. And that little girl over there? She's quite interesting as well. Such advanced techniques for someone so young..."

At that he turned his gaze to me and I froze. It wasn't a simple inquisitive stare, no, those eyes held a more malicious intent. I wanted to move, to avert my eyes, but I couldn't. I was like a deer in headlights as Zabuza's intense look seemed to keep me from looking away. Luckily, he seemed to still have things to say to Mr. Kakashi, so he once again turned his attention back to him.

"You'd already copied my water clone jutsu when you made your little speech. Very skillfully executed. You made your clone say those words to draw my attention while you hid in the mist, waiting for me to make my move. Nice try, but I'm not that easy to fool."

By the time I'd sensed a second presence behind Mr. Kakashi, it was too late to do anything. Mr. Kakashi disposed of the clone, who was originally believed to be the real Zabuza, when a second one appeared. The real Zabuza then swung his giant sword at Mr. Kakashi, who then ducked to avoid any damage.

"No, sensei watch out-!"

My warning came too late as Zabuza shifted and delivered a hard kick to Mr. Kakashi's abdomen, sending him flying. 

"Now!"

"No, I won't let you!"