Chapter 19: Artemis Goes For A Run

And here it is in spite of my crumbling mental health, chapter nineteen, I hope you all enjoy this long overdue chapter and I will see you at the end.

"Home sweet home." = Speaking

"Home sweet home." = Thinking/Mind linking

'Home sweet home.' = Writing

XxXxXxXxXx

(Mars POV)

I had awoken this morning after a late night with my mates with an unrivaled feeling of content filling my chest, it still felt strange, in a good way, waking up to my beloved mates at my side.

But as the official luna I do find it very confusing, it feels right but I cannot help feeling a strange longing to be wild again. Before I met Asphra and Esphra I was almost always roaming, hunting down other rogues, meeting with other supernatural beings and spending sometimes weeks with Artemis in control. 

I guess it is one of many things I will have to adapt and overcome from my past if I want to be a luna worthy and deserving of my beautiful mates. Still in the back of my mind I feel the longing call of the wild growing, slowly but growing regardless.

"We, regardless of where we are now, carry a free spirit , we were never bound to a pack before, our instincts call us to the wilds, even if we are now bound to here, no matter what we do we will always carry the spirit of a rouge. We need to calm it." Artemis stated in my mind, and I know she is right, we need to let loose somehow, to calm down our instincts.

"Artemis, You have yet to meet our mates, I think today may be a good day for that, don't you?" I replied glancing to see a gentle stream of sunlight invading between the gap in the curtains of our bedroom, with my words I heard Artemis let out a low happy rumble of approval.

With careful movements I slipped out between our mates and down to the bottom of the bed, sliding out without a sound and making my way out of the room and into the hallway. Once I had made it down to the bottom of the stairs and into the main living area I slid out the back door, shutting it behind me as quietly as I could manage.

"so haw do you want to this?" I asked Artemis while looking around the backyard, it backed up to the forests that surrounded the pack, I knew security would be heavy but I no longer had any need to fear that, "Hmm... ...I want to see what they and their wolves are capable of." Artemis responded.

I felt her begin to push for control, I  had forgotten just how painful this was for me. Pain shot through me like a bolt of lightning and I felt all of my bones began to snap and reform before I blacked out.

(Artemis POV)

My eyes slowly adjusted to the area around me as I got up off of the ground and stretched to my full height, it felt good to be out and in control once more. With one last glance at the house over my shoulder I took off into the forest and mad for the packs border, I didn't plan to run, just see what our mates and their wolves are made of.

it felt great to be out and free again, swerving in between trees, through shrubs and over fallen branches, the scent of the forest was always a comfort to Mars and I.

After a few minutes of running I came across a small slow flowing creek, barely a meter wide, leaning down to take a drink I heard a faint pair of howls in the distance behind me, while faint I knew it was our mates by the force behind it.

I ran in a few circles around the immediate area to ensure that my scent was strong here before I slid under a nearby shrub where I could see the creek where I was just drinking and hoped my mates would stop there as well.

I only had to wait a couple of minutes before a pair of pure black wolves break through the trees and came to a halt trying to take my scent in, they were both powerful and pretty much identical to me in terms of height.

With a burst of speed I broke through the dense shrub I had hid in and rammed into them, not with enough force to cause harm but enough to knock them over and take off sprinting  away from them at a reasonable pace, a chase would be a fitting way to see what they were capable of.

I had barely made it a few meters away before I heard them take off into a sprint after me with a pair of low growls, not threatening, rather just a warning they had taken my challenge.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw them breaking off and flanking my sides with about five meters between me and them, so they matched my speed, not really surprising given that they were both alpha wolves.

After they started to pull ahead and nearly reached me I put on a sudden brake and they both ran ahead of me, slowing down to turn after me, in that brief window I surged forward and tackled one to the ground only to be pounced on and lightly nipped at by the other.

With and alpha wolf on top of me I tried to push myself to my feet only to be licked completely up my face by the other sister I had tackled, making me lose my balance and collapse, slobber on my face and an alpha wolf sitting on top of me.

while a short test I had to admit that my mates had impressed me, they caught up to us swiftly, kept up with us and in the few exchanges of strength I could feel they were not to be trifled with.

Eventually my mate rolled off of me and I sat up to look at them, and with the best smirk I could must as a wolf took off back towards the house this time going at my full speed and they were swiftly on my heel, although they were not able to pull ahead of me and I steadily gained the lead on them.

When I broke the forest and back into the rear of our home I sprinted in the back door and turned up the stairs, into the bedroom giving control back to Mars as I shifted back, returning to her mind.

(Mars POV)

Returning to a physical form I was naked on our bedroom floor, Artemis had her fun and left me with to adrenalin fueled alpha wolves to deal with. I head them bolt inside and in a mad panic I scampered up onto the bed and pulled a sheet over myself just as my mates wolves came into the room.

In a panic I called to them through our link, "No dogs allowed on the bed!" They both froze at that and slowly looked at each over and slowly began to move forward and leaped up onto the bed, with to giant black wolves looming over me I fell down onto my back pulling the sheet completely over me.

by the time I pulled it off Asphra and Esphra had both shifted back and were staring at me intently with an all to familiar look in their eye, "Your wolf is beautiful dear, and so are you." Asphra growled out lowly with clear desire in her voice, "It has never been a good idea to get an alpha worked up, but given the circumstances maybe it isn't so bad this time." I though to myself as Esphra tore the sheet away from me.

XxXxXxXxXx

And that is another chapter done, was it my best work, no was it my worst, I hope not.

I am sorry for the delay but I have had a load of issues, only half of which were my own, to deal with but I have not forgotten this and do try to update when I can.

So with that I hope you all enjoyed and I will See you in the next one.