Chapter 15

As soon as we're through the door he turns me to face him. He hands move up to hold my face and the tips of his fingers touch my hair. His mouth is on mine before I can even think or react. His lips are forceful, but soft, as I open my mouth slightly allowing his tongue to push through. Electricity is coursing through me and a slight moan escapes with my breath, which only seems to encourage him. He moves our bodies with ease from the doorway, closing the door all in the same motion. Our kiss breaks for a second and I'm able to catch my breath.

"I've been wanting to do that since the first time I saw you," Dex confesses. His words make my body feel like it's melting into the floor. I feel myself blush as I think of the first time I saw him at the fitness center.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks.

"Just the first time I saw you..." I say without elaborating. I look up and meet his deep brown eyes and know that I have to ask one thing before this goes any further. "Um...I do need to know, is there anything still going on between you and your ex-girlfriend?" I ask quietly.

Dex looks down at the floor. "Are you asking because of what happened at the party?"

"Yes," I answer simply.

He brings his gaze back up to meet mine. "I know I took that phone call and made a complete ass of myself afterwards and I'm so sorry for how I acted, but it is not because I still have feelings for her. To be honest, I'm not even really sure why I answered it, I really think it was mostly out of habit. That relationship is completely over, that's the truth," he answers without any hesitation in his voice.

He takes a step closer to me to the point that our bodies are practically touching. Bending his head to meet mine, he claims my mouth again. I once again part my lips, allowing him to kiss me completely. I move my arms to the back of his neck, holding him close to me. His arms slide around my body, his hands clasping at my lower back. I am lost in him completely as I sink deeply into his embrace. Dex pulls his lips from mine as he looks at my face, "Can I stay for a little bit?" he questions. Without answering I grab his hand and pull him towards the couch. As I sit, I pat the cushion beside me, showing him that I want him to sit too. I flip on the TV and carefully inch myself closer to him, until he slides his arm around my back and pulls me even closer.

Leaning into me, he says, "I meant what I said earlier. You are incredibly beautiful." I feel my cheeks flush and a fluttery feeling buzzes in my chest as he lifts my chin, bringing our lips together again. The kiss is softer and gentle this time, but I still feel the same electricity. I have never felt like this with a guy before. Being with Dex is a whole new feeling. It scares me a little, but it also excites me and I want to explore more with him. I bring my hands up and touch the scruffiness on his face before moving up to his thick brown hair and running my fingers through it. His breathing has deepened along with our kiss and a slight moan escapes as my fingers continue to rake through his hair. I feel alive and want more of him, until a little voice inside me interrupts my thoughts saying, don't go too fast...this is just starting...slow down girl! I try to shut her up, but I know she's right. Pulling back slightly, I force myself to break our connection.

"I'm going to get something to drink, do you want something?" I ask as I stand quickly and walk into the kitchen. I grab two glasses and fill them with ice and water, then I return to the couch. I carefully hand Dex his glass and watch as he takes a large drink of the cold liquid before setting it down on the side table. I copy him by taking a quick sip and setting my glass down. He pats his hands on his knees as if to say "come here." I carefully climb onto his lap, straddling his legs. I lean forward wanting to feel his mouth on mine again. Our mouths move feverishly together as his hands begin to move up the sides of my body until he's cupping my face. He looks down, breaking our kiss again and his eyes widen at the sight of my pushed-up cleavage. I push my hips down gently and I can feel his excitement growing beneath me. I want to keep going, but my brain is nagging at me again. I know we have to stop before we go too far tonight, and I think I'm going to have to be the one to stop it. "We should, uh...probably keep this PG for tonight," I somehow manage to squeak the words out.

Dex shakes his head as if trying to clear his thoughts. "You're right...you're right...you're right," he repeats as if trying to convince himself. I smile at him and even giggle slightly at his expression. I carefully slide from his lap, trying to ease some of the obvious sexual tension we've just created in the room.

We sit together, managing to catch bits and pieces of a movie in between a lot more kissing. Somehow, we control the impulses I know we're both feeling. When the movie credits start running, I glance at the time and realize it's pretty late. Standing from the couch I take his hand in mine, which now feels comfortable and familiar. I walk him to the door and we finally manage to say goodnight after one more kiss. I lock the door after it closes and then turn and lean my back against it. My body feels weak and my head is spinning. Kissing and touching Dex is beyond comparison. I can still feel his touch lingering on my body and smell his amazing scent in the apartment. I grab the remote and flip the TV off, practically floating down the hallway and into my bedroom unsure if I'll be able sleep tonight.