Bonus Scene

A QUICK SCENE OR TWO TO EXPLAIN SOME THINGS . Full chapters every week 🤗

FLASHBACK 15 years ago

Mathew Knowles rode down to the hotel lobby on the elevator. Their bar had cheap shots and he was deserving of a few...or many if he was being completely honest. He'd just got off the phone with his wife Tina and they went at each other's throats like it was their daytime job. They'd been arguing about practically nothing for the past few months. Tina was 2 months pregnant with their first child and extremely irritable so when Mathew told her that yet another business deal had fallen through she lost it. Tina claimed that at the rate they were headed she'd have to raise her child on welfare which sent Mathew on a quest to the quickest road to cut her down as well.

The man was stressed.

He entered the bar and took off his blazer sitting it on the back of his chair before taking a seat. "Jack on the rocks and two shots of vodka." Mathew called out to the bartender. He had flown down to Atlanta to potentially close a deal but as per usual he failed.

He pulled his notepad from his satchel and sat it on the table before him. "I gotta get these numbers down." He mumbled to himself as he started scratching out his old calculations.

"Two shots of vodka and a jack on the rocks." The bartender slid his drinks to him.

"Thanks." Mathew muttered.

"Just holler if you need anything else." The young man tapped the table and walked away.

"Uh Barkeep?" A woman's soft voice called out to Mathews left.

Mathew looked the woman up and down. She was tall, chocolate, and slim with a beautiful smile.

Mathew was captivated to say the least

"What can I get for you today?" The bartender tossed a towel onto his shoulder.

"I'll take a jack...o-on the rocks please." The woman took a seat next to Mathew and let out a breath.

"Coming right up." The bartender smiled and walked away.

Mathew couldn't help but to stare at the woman as she put her hands over her face and breathed deep.

"It's rude to stare." She mumbled into her hands as she felt Mathews gaze upon her body.

"I-umm..ahem" Mathew cleared his throat. "My apologies...I've just never seen a woman as beautiful as you order a jack on the rocks." He chuckled.

The woman straightened her posture. "That was a lousy attempt at flirting...Mrrrr." She gestured towards Mathew to fill in his name.

"Knowles...Mathew Knowles." Mathew seemed a bit intimidated by the obviously confident woman.

"Mr. Mathew Knowles." she completed her sentence. "But unless you are blind anyone could tell I'm joined in holy matrimony." She wiggled her ring finger which sported a large diamond ring and rolled her eyes.