Nobody Wins When The Family Feuds PT1

SORRY I WAS AWAY FOR SO LONG

⚠️⚠️ TRIGGER WARNINGS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CHAPTER⚠️⚠️

STORY PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE IT LEFT OFF. DID NOT PROOFREAD AS ALWAYS

Kelly's POV

"Heyyy!" Chelsea beamed at us as we both looked from underneath our newly bought shades

"Chelsea...Hi!" Beyoncé ran to the red headed girl who was slightly taller than her and engulfed her in a big hug.

I placed the dark shades on top of my head squinting slightly at the bright sun.

"Hey." I spoke dryly and managed to pull a believable smile on my face. Truthfully, I'm still mentally exhausted from last night and although the spa was fun nothing could remove the image of Mr. Knowles saying 'I am your parent.' out of my mind. It gave me nightmares all night playing on a viscous loop over and over. I barely woke up in time to answer Michelle's mandatory group video chat this morning.

"What are you guys doing here?" Chelsea leaned in to give me a side hug. She had way too many shopping bags to wrap her arms fully around. I noticed that most of the bags were designer. Someone had some serious cash.

"Just spending some time with the family." I patted Chelsea's back as I pulled away from the hug.  Beyoncé took my hand in hers and nodded vigorously with a wide smile. She's always so excited. I don't know how she has the energy but somehow it's always there pulling everyone into her orbit. No one could really be in a bad mood around her if she feels comfortable enough to show her true personality.

"Oh! Sounds fu-"

"You're really pretty!"Beyoncé gushed out cutting Chelsea off out of the blue and all heads turned towards her. "I-I mean." She played with her fingers as she stared at the ground. I watched as her cheeks turned a bright shade of red as she cinched her eyebrows together. What was that about?

"She is?" Solange tilted her head to the left and licked her ice cream cone as she openly analyzed Chelsea's features. "Hmmm I mean if you take away those tired out of season Versace platform sandals? I guess I can see a bit of a face."

"Solange!" Ms.Tina swatted her shoulder.

"Je plaisantais!" (I was kidding!)
Solange turned and smiled at Chelsea. "You are really pretty." I can tell that she meant it from the way she gave a firm content nod.

"Thank you?" Chelsea put a strand of red hair behind her ear and I felt Bey squeeze my hand tighter. I looked towards her but she was too busy cheesing at Chelsea and practically bouncing on her tippy toes.

"Well who do we have here? I don't believe we've ever officially met." My mom stepped up and I noticed a slight tilt in her head which she usually does when she's really trying to get a good read on people. I wasn't so sure about the girl myself so I'm curious to know what was going on in my moms head.