Chapter 4; His lie

Yummy foreshadowing has been sprinkled everywhere so far; I wonder how many people expected this.

- THIRD PERSON POV -

Their moment had just ended, and as soon as Shuichi was confirmed to be in a deep sleep, Kokichi used his lithe figure to slide out of his grip. He gave the detective a quick kiss on the cheek, tucking him into the bed slightly. His legs shook and his ass hurt, but that couldn't stop him. "Let's hope I make it back alive, my beloved~"

Kokichi slipped into his boxers, leaving the bedroom and shutting the door softly. His luggage full of clothing and other things of the sort still waited by the door from when he first arrived. His limping figure made his way to the bag, digging inside it for another bag which was locked with a key that required a retina scan. Inside of this bag laid everything he used for his theiving; the mask, the hat, the hair net, the gloves, the cards, fuck it - even the outfit!

All signs of him ever being there were quickly disposed of as he got dressed into these clothes, this hair concealed completely by the hair net and top hat. His skin was completely covered as well, so basically every aspect of his appearance was covered up. Including his height, considering he wore shoes that were platformed by 5 inches. It made him look taller. The mask slid onto his face and he looked into a nearby mirror.

"I have to get that card... it has my fingerprints." Kokichi spoke out loud, pressing a button on a device alerting his goons that he was about to go out. He opened the door; the cold air hit him instantly. The weather won't get warm for a few months now, so it was no surprise.

However, something stopped him. He couldn't help but look back into the dorm. Was it really okay to betray Shuichi like this..?

Of course!

He let out a dark giggle before closing the door and locking it. He then glanced around before running, his dark purple cape flew behind him as he avoided being seen by anyone who might be awake at that hour. It was around 3:00 AM, so there weren't many people there.

Kokichi arrived outside of the museum where his second-in-command - a feisty pale girl with long pigtails in her hair who's named Hayami - already waited for him. "Took ya long enough!" The voice changer made her voice slightly distorted and robotic, but neither payed any attention to that.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just get this done quickly 'Kay? I got a soulmate to get back to and he's a detective on this case, so we need to work quickly before he wakes up and sees I'm gone." Kokichi explained, his voice also distorted.

Hayami let out a giggle,"Ooo, y'all fucked?!"
"Shut! Let's just get going..!"
"Okay, okay! Geeze, I never get to have any fun!"

At that moment, another male arrived in a similar outfit to the other two. He was the hacker among the goons - a lanky simp with beautiful blond hair named Naozumi - and was there to mess with the security as he had a few nights ago. "I apologize, ladies! I didn't mean to be late~"

Kokichi rolled his eyes. "Mhm, suuuurrreee. Just get your laptop out, click a bunch'a buttons, and then say 'I'm in!' like how they do in the movies!"

"...That's not how it works, boss-"
"It is now!"

With a sigh Naozumi opened up his laptop, connecting it to a long extension cord. Kokichi and Hayami stared over his shoulder as he worked. They stayed like that for an awfully long amount of time, at least 30 minutes, before the hacker nodded. "Alright, I've gotten access to the security footage. It doesn't look like there's any security heading towards our route at the moment, but I'll let you know if it changes. Other than that just leave everything else to me!"

Kokichi nodded, holding out his hand for Hayami to take. "Shall we?"

"We shall!"

And with that, hand in hand, the two ran off into the museum. It was the same one that they had robbed of the jewel a hot minute ago, and now it was time to grab the evidence that he accidentally left behind before Shuichi and Kyoko could find it.

Like the professionals that they were, no one saw them. Kokichi felt a smirk come on to his face as he saw the dropped card, glistening in the slight windowed moonlight. He snatched it up and held it tightly before whispering. "Let's go. We don't need to steal anything right now."

The two ran out, confirming with Naozumi that there was no footage of them before heading home. By the time everything was done and Kokichi was back at the dorm, it was about 6 AM. Pretty good time considering how they were just on a complex mission.

Kokichi lifted his mask, digging into his pocket for a key,

He gently opened the door...

Shuichi pased around worriedly, biting his lip. He wore a pair of pajamas. His head fwipped in the direction of the newly opened door.

"Usosuki! I was so worried!" The detective ran to Kokichi, hugging him tightly. "Where were you?!" He then looked his soulmate up and down, confusion on his face. "And... what are you wearing?"

Kokichi held back a gulp. Shit. "Oh, this whole thing? It's nothiiiing! And I just went on a nice little stroll around campus, trying to get to know the place better!"

Shuichi looked at him suspiciously. "You've been gone for over an hour." Now Kokichi was really nervous.

"W-Well-"
"What the hell is this?!"

Shuichi grabbed something from Kokichi's hand. The card. The same card that was recognized in the photo. And that's when it all clicked for him. "Y-You're... You're not Usosuki Wasureta, are you..?"

Kokichi tilted his head, doing his best to play innocent. "What ever do you mean, my beloved Saihara-Chan~?"

"You're Kokichi Ouma, aren't you..."