Chapter 13; Escape

I BEG YOU ALL TO APPRECIATE THE PICTURE P L E A S E —

TW; Mondo has dialogue, y'all should know what that means

- THIRD PERSON POV -

Everyone at the table looked at him with shock.

"E-Escape..?" Chihiro spoke in a hushed tone. "W-we can't escape..!"

Mondo nodded, not bothering to quiet down. "Yeah, seriously, what in the hell is wrong with you, bro?!"

Kokichi shrugged, his voice still quiet. "C'mon, are you guys really telling me you've never at least thought about it?"

Celeste crossed her arms. "Actually, he's right. I've thought about trying to get out of here several times, though I've never acted on it."

Kirumi nodded in agreement. "I am on the same page as Celeste."

"Then let's act on it..! Everyone who wants to better be in my cell during free time, m'kay?" Kokichi stood up, throwing away his tray and walking over to an officer. "Where's my cell?"

- TIME SKIP, FREE TIME -

After Kokichi had gotten his cell number he had went in and sat on his metal bed. Apparently he was roommates with Nagito and Chihiro.

... He thought Chihiro was a girl?

Whatever.

As everyone slowly piled into his cell, he realized the whole group was there. He smiled, closing the barred cell doors after Mondo walked in.

"Great! You're all here!"

Mondo scowled, his arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the wall. "Yeah, yeah. Just give us the fuckin' plan already so we can get outta here! I'm tired of this shithole."

"I must agree that the beds are rather uncomfortable and give me back pains." Celeste spoke, slightly upset.

Kokichi put his hands behind his head. "Now, now, ladies, let's not get our panties in a bunch! I'll explain with due time!"

"I ain't a fuckin' chic, asshole!"

"Mondo..." Chihiro rested his hand on Mondo's forearm. "Calm down, it's okay..."

Mondo growled, pulling his arm out of Chihiro's weak grasp, making the small boy fall over and everyone else in the cell gasp.

Nagito walked forward, stepping in front of Chihiro and grabbing the gang leader's arm. "That's too far, Mondo."

Before Mondo could reply, Chihiro hastily got up and put his hand on Nagito's shoulder. "No, stop, I know why he's upset... don't blame him, okay?"

Kokichi tilted his head,"Oh, there's a reason? Spill it, sis!" The grape clapped, giggling a little with demonic excitement.

Chihiro sighed, thinking of the memory...

- FLASHBACK LIGHT, ON -

Mondo and Chihiro were arrested at the same time. It was pretty lucky, but they both just wanted to get along with each other. They were best friends, and almost polar opposites.

When it suddenly all changed.

One day, Mondo had gotten in trouble and was getting lectured by the guard Kiyotaka Ishimaru, when he suddenly looked down at his wrist to see a large '100%' written there.

"Wait, bro, look..." Mondo pointer at the number. "Are we... soulmates..?"

Kiyotaka stiffened, looking at his own wrist which also showed a '100%' on it. "No, no, no, we can't be..."

Mondo sighed, shrugging. "Look, we obviously are, okay?"

"No!"
"Yeah!"
"No!"
"Yeah!"
"Jesus Christ you weirdo! What do you want from me so you can just accept it?!"

Kiyotaka crossed his arms. "I want you to behave!"

"Fine!"
"Good!"

- FLASHBACK LIGHT, OFF -

"And ever since that day, Mondo's promised to behave himself so he can get out and be with his soulmate."

"Aaaawwwww!" Kokichi giggled. "I see, I see! But, you know, Mondo is a necessary pawn in this particular plan... wouldn't you like to sacrifice yourself for the greater good?"

Mondo hesitated, looking over the pleading faces of all of the criminals in the cell. "...Fine. What do I gotta do? Let's get this bullshit over with."

Kokichi clapped happily. "Good! Now, this is how it will go..."

- TIMESKIP, LIGHTS-OUT -

Kokichi, Nagito, and Chihiro were all awake, waiting for the guards to leave the male wing. As they did, Chihiro stood up and went over to the toilet.

"Ready?" Kokichi whispered in the smaller boy's direction. Chihiro nodded, standing up on the toilet and looking at the security camera in the corner of the room. He was on the toilet because that's the only small part of the room that's not visible to the cameras.

Chihiro studied the camera for a moment, determining weak spots. "A-Along the wall that it's on..."

Nagito looked up, his bed was in the same corner as the camera. He snuck along the wall, reaching up and ripping the camera out of it's place. Only slightly; just enough to re-angle it in a way that the cell door couldn't be seen.

Nagito nodded, and all three of them crawled on the floor up to the cell door. Kokichi grabbed a small bobby-pin that he had 'borrowed' from a female guard earlier that day.

He picked the lock, and gently opened the door.

The three rushed out and were met with the rest of the group; all of them had done the same thing.

Kokichi pointed at an air vent in the ceiling, signaling that they had to go up there. Mondo stood underneath it and let the rest of them crawl up to the vent using him as a ladder. Once everyone was up, they pulled him in as well and closed the air-vent.

Kokichi led them, crawling through the vents and looking for one that lead outside. Eventually, they found it and had jumped out.

Mondo huffed, whispering. "There's a guard blocking the entrance..."

"And?" Kokichi replied, rolling his eyes. "Just take 'em out."

"Oh. 'Kay."

And with that, Mondo snuck up behind the guard and knocked him out.

Kokichi giggled, walking up and grabbing the key-card in the guard's pocket. And like that, they walked out through the front gates.

Kokichi tore up the card and buried it.

"We never met." The small boy spoke, walking away without a single glance.

"W-Wait, what are you talking ab-?"

Kokichi giggled. "Nishishi... I have some business to attend to. Plus, I never said that we'd stay together after leaving!"

"Yes you fucking did!"
"Oh, I did? Well, that was a lie."