Chapter 11; Arrest.

What is that image up there 😳?

- THIRD PERSON POV -

Kokichi sat, shifting uncomfortably as he resisted the urge to break down. He felt the eyes of everyone in the court room on him as he sat there; the judge asking for his plea. He sighed, trying to settle himself so that his voice wouldn't crack as he spoke.

"Guilty."

And then it was decided. Kokichi Ouma was hoisted up by police officers right in front of his soulmate and taken away; he'd be there for years considering his attitude.

———

Kokichi huffed as he was handed the orange jumpsuit in his size. His headshots came out great, of course. But orange was not his color... at all. As he stripped down with a guard's eyes on him, he couldn't help but feel rather uncomfortable.

Once the jumpsuit was finally on, a guard came to speak with him.

"Alright, Ouma, this is how it's going to work. This is a multi-gender prison, so there are both girls and guys here. There will be a common area for eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but other than that you will all be separated. You will have two cell mates. You will be told the rest by another officer throughout the day. At the moment it's lunch time, so you will be escorted to the cafeteria."

Kokichi sighed, thinking in his mind everything he could say to this annoying officer. But he didn't want to be there for any longer than he already was, so he kept quiet as he was escorted to the cafeteria.

Once there, he was released from his handcuffs; none of the prisoners seemed to pay any attention to him. Kokichi went up to grab a tray of food. It was... gross. Beans and some unknown meat. The grape held back the urge to gag as he looked for an open place to sit.

Eventually he saw one table with an open seat, and he plopped himself down as if it was nothing and he's done this a million times. "Hello, lovely criminals~!"

"Who the fuck are you?" A deep, gruff voice spoke from right next to him. Kokichi turned to see someone who he's recognized from the news; Mondo Owada.

"Whaaat? You don't recognize me?! Well, since you need to know, I am Kokichi Ouma."

Everyone collectively gasped.

"Kokichi Ouma?" A female accented voice spoke; Kokichi recognized her as Celestia Ludenburg. "As in the Kokichi Ouma? The famed jewel thief who couldn't be caught by even the best of the best?"

Kokichi giggled. He had no idea he was so famous in the criminal underworld! "Mhm! That's me!"

"What are you doing here?" A small, nearly feminine voice spoke. Kokichi didn't recognize who it was, but they looked both male and female at the same time. "You were our last hope..."

Someone else sighed. "Isn't it obvious..? He got caught and arrested. Those damn detectives are too good..." The voice was hoarse and dry; Kokichi didn't recognize him either.

"It seems so..." Another female voice sighed. This one was rather proper, almost like it was from royalty. Yet also silent, obedient.

"Wait, wait, wait. Before anything else, introductions, please!" Kokichi spoke.

"I'm Mondo fuckin' Owada."
"Celestia Ludenburg."
"Chihiro Fujisaki."
"Nagito Komaeda."
"Kirumi Tojo."