Chapter 10; Awakening

Mmm yummy picture
Enjoy the fluff while it lasts, peasants. It won't be there for long (:

- THIRD PERSON POV -

Shuichi's eyes snapped up as he heard Kokichi's voice. Tears welled up in his eyes as he saw Kokichi's violet eyes staring back at him.

"K-Kokichi! You're awake!" Shuichi gently moved forward, enveloping Kokichi in a small hug. He was barely even touching the smaller boy; almost as if he was worried that his very touch could break him.

Kokichi was quite obviously confused, not understanding what's happening. "What do you mean? And where the hell are we?" He looked around, eyebrows furrowed. "Where's Kyoko?"

"Kokichi, you're in the hospital. You've been in a coma for over three months now..." Shuichi explained, making Kokichi's expression falter.

The small boy frowned. "So... I've been caught, then..? What about the people I work with?"

"You work with someone?!"
"Uuuuhhhh... noooooo..?"

Shuichi sighed and shook his head. "Let's not worry about that now, okay..?" He gave Kokichi a small peck on the lips. "All that matters is that you're alive and that you stay alive. Besides, you're a jewel thief not a murderer. It's not like you'll be getting a life sentence or something.. I'll wait for you."

Kokichi smiled, allowing a tear to slip down his cheek. "I love you..."

"I love you t-"

A nurse walked into the room at that moment, making both boys turn their attention to the female.

She had brown hair in a swirly ponytail. "Oh, Kokichi Ouma! You're awake! That's nice..."

"Dr. Asahina!"
"Who?"
"Your nurse, Kichi.."
"Oh."

The nurse let out a laugh, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Well, I'll go tell the doctors and all! I'm glad you're well. Hopefully the court goes well!"

With that she walked out of the room.

"...I'm sorry... court..?"