Thomas-In the Maze Part 1 (request)

The tiny girl clutched her blanket to her chest and looked up in fear as the rattling cage around her began moving, jerking her fragile body around. One particular jolt sent her flying through the air and crashing into something. No, wait? Someone?

She glanced up and came face to face with an older kid with blonde hair and large brown eyes. Startled, she fell backwards, landing hard on the metal bars beneath her. She yelped in pain. The blonde boy looked at her, concerned.

"Where are we?" the small child asked, curiously, toying with a frayed edge of her blanket.

"I don't know," the blonde boy replied. She noted a difference in his speech.

"Why do you talk like that?" she wondered.

The blonde boy' eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "The way I talk?" Realization dawned on his face, a smile growing on his lips.

"I'm British," he explained. "I was born with the way that I speak."

"Oh, okay. I'm Y/N," the bright-eyed little girl said with a smile. He grinned at her spritely happiness.

"I don't remember my name," he suddenly realized. "Why? Why can't I remember my name?" he panicked. Her tiny hand came to rest on his arm, calming him.

"I'm sure it will be okay, British boy," she smiled as she gave him the nickname. His panic disappeared as she hugged him. Lanky arms wrapped themselves around her petite frame.

"Thank you, Y/N. You're awfully brave, you know?" he teased, making her giggle.

A sharp stop made both them freeze in place. Y/N clung to the blonde boy in fear. He wrapped his arms around her protectively. Sunlight blinded him as he glanced upwards, Y/N's little head buried in his shoulder. Chattering caught both of their attention.

"Hey look! It's a scrawny boy! Maybe he could be of some use in the fields?"

"No, wait. Look what he's holding," another voice said.

"It's a child?! What?!" someone exclaimed. A large boy with scrutinizing green eyes and wacky eyebrows hopped down into the cage and pulled the blonde from her grasp, looking her over.

"She can't do much, can she? She looks not even 10 years old," he observed. "I say we cage her. She could be dangerous."

"Come on, Gally! She's just a kid! Leave her alone!" a black boy with a twinge of a Southern accent shouted.

"Yeah!" a chorus of teen boys chanted.

"Fine, but keep her away from me," he stormed off.

An Asian looking boy pulled the blonde to his side and began showing him around.

"I'm Minho," he introduced.

"Wait! What about her?" the blonde asked Minho, pointing to Y/N, who looked around with wide, curious eyes, shyly holding her blanket to her body.

"Hey, kid!" Minho shouted, startling the little girl.

"What?" she asked.

"Come here," he ordered.  She hesitantly walked over to him.

"It's alright, Y/N. He won't hurt you," the blonde boy defended.

Slowly, Y/N took the blonde's hand and Minho led them on the tour of the Glade.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"You'll sleep here," Minho gestured to a hammock. "And you," he turned to the girl. "You will sleep right here," he pointed to a box on the floor beside the blonde. She nodded and Minho left.