Thomas- In the City Part 3 (request)

Thomas was absolutely set on rescuing Minho and Y/N. Nothing could deter him from his decision to go after them. Not Vince, not even Newt, not anyone.

Now, the plan that was so meticulously thought through was actually happening.

Thomas and Vince rode in a car, trailing the Wicked trains. Once Vince drove close enough, Thomas stood up from his seat and leapt onto the caboose. Vince followed, shortly before the car, now void of a driver, began to lose control and crash on the side of the tracks. Now both men were latched onto the train.

Jorge and Brenda were the distraction. While the guards focused on them, Thomas and Vince could sneak on the train undetected. Once they climbed the ladder, Thomas and Vince stood on top of the roof of the train and began to sever the car from the rest. Vince set a bomb off, breaking the chains connecting the caboose to the rest of the train. Once the momentum wore off, Thomas and Vince hopped off, signaling the others to come out of hiding.

Jorge and Brenda were stopped by a Wicked aircraft, but led them right into a trap. Frypan appeared from nowhere and aimed a gun at the guards, forcing them back. Harriet snuck in and took control of the aircraft, surprising the pilot with a gun to the head.

Thomas tied the chains to the top corners of the car, while Newt worked to disconnect the car from the wheels on the tracks. Shots fired out, prompting the boys to hop on board the top of the car as the aircraft hauled it away to safety.

Once the aircraft set the car down gently, Thomas barged inside, desperate to find his friends and sister. He came across Aris and Sonya. Both looked underfed and exhausted, dark circles under their eyes and sunken cheekbones. He saw Y/N huddled in a corner, clutching the doll Thomas gave her and whispering, "Tommy will save me. He said he will always save me."

"Y/N!" Thomas called. She turned to face him, shock evident on her features.

"Tommy!" she cried, leaping to her feet and wrapping her arms around his legs as she sobbed.

"I missed you so much," Thomas choked out.

"I knew you'd come save me, Tommy. You always do," she smiled through the tears in her eyes. He picked her up and cradled her head in his hand as she buried her face in his neck.

"I have to tell you something," Thomas admitted.

"What is it, Tommy?"

"I'm your big brother, you're my little sister. I only just realized it before you were taken from me," he cried.

"I'm your...family?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, yeah, you're my family, little one," he smiled, brushing her messy hair out of her face. A look of awe passed over her face.

"I'm your sister! I love you, Tommy," she resumed hugging him, tighter now.

"I love you, too, Y/N."

He kissed her forehead and cheek, before asking her, "Where's Minho?"

Before she could answer, Aris said that Minho was there but they took him again. Thomas's heart sunk. He had his sister back, but his friend gets further away with every step forward that he takes.

"He's not here," Thomas sighed in defeat.

They rounded up the remaining kids and put them in their hideout, making sure they were fed and taken care of.

Thomas began forming another plan to get Minho from the Last City. Vince refused, claiming that their last plan was well thought out and still risky. This continuation was unprecedented and unplanned. Vince was out, leaving Thomas to ask Brenda and Jorge for help.