Penance of Daksha

His Royal Palace was a real magical place. It was lavishly adorned with decorations , flowers and beautiful lanterns. Daksha was seated comfortably on his throne.Suddenly then several beams of bright lights scattered the whole court. All the people sitting there closed their eyes uncontrollably , Daksha tried to look around. A gentle voice echoed the room ,- "Daksha my son..." and Brahma Dev had just appeared.

, "Pranam Brahma Dev!" Daksha inconsolably uttered and stood up

, " Daksha , I am here to tell you,that your next child , Sati, will be the incarnation of Goddess Para Shakti. Therefore son , you will have to pray her for it and perform penance to her."

, "Hey Brahma Dev, give us your blessings. We will pray to Goddess Para Shakti for her to be born as our daughter."

Brahma Dev smiled and said, "Tathastu." , soon vanishing in the air. From that day , Daksha and his wife Prasuti began to perform their tapasya. It began and kept continuing for seasons and years.It lasted for about 3000 years. 

Their devotion and dedication made Goddess Para Shakti to appear in front of them

Their devotion and dedication made Goddess Para Shakti to appear in front of them.As a result , Daksha prayed to her , " Devi , please bless us to born as our daughter..." The goddess was happy with them , and so she agreed with one condition - From the day by which Daksha will not respect her , she will pass away from her body and will return to ParaBrahma. Saying this , she disappeared in the sky. Daksha and Prasuti became very happy.