The Flying Arrow

Days passed and Mahadev was still not ready to accept Parvati as his wife, even when her dedication was not less, and she admired him entirely from her soul. But Lord Shiva couldn't marry any other woman. He loved Sati....he always had...so he wasn't ready to understand or even think about marrying again.

The Devtas felt worried and they decided to take help from Lord Vishnu. He suggested that the god of love , Kamdev , could help in this condition. Vishnu Dev told Kamdev to fire his magical arrow on Lord Shiva so that he falls in love with Devi Parvati by her beauty and devotion. The Devtas agreed and so did Kamdev , but some of them were still worried about the risk of doing this.....

, "What are you saying , Swami ? You will shoot the arrow on Lord Shiva ?" asked Devi Rati shockingly.

, "Err....yes , Devi." Kamdev himself hesitated to tell her, but he tried to make her understand , "But Devi, It's necessary that Mahadev gets married with Devi Parvati. I will have to do this."

, "I know this Swami,..." Devi Rati sobbed , "...But what if Mahadev sees you and gets angry ? What will happen then ?"

, "It won't happen , Devi..." Kamdev sighed , and calmly put her hand , "I will be back soon." he said and started moving away. Rati kept him watching , "No...Swami..." she mumbled inside, getting upset.

In the Himalayas...

Parvati had make a beautiful garland and some sweets for Mahadev. Today she hoped him to give just a little smile to her....and that would make her day. So she moved slowly towards him , already smiling and wishing for the best. 

, "Mahadev ?" she sweetly asked to him.

Mahadev opened his eyes and looked at her , "Yes ,  Devi Parvati ? What happened ?" he asked as usual.

Kamdev was watching them, hiding behind the giant bushes. He was carrying his bow and arrow with him, but his hands were trembling a little. He still hoped for the best and pointed the arrow towards Mahadev. His mind was telling him not to do it, but it had to be done at last.

 His mind was telling him not to do it, but it had to be done at last

So the magical arrow was fired at Lord Shiva. It flared with light and struck him fortunately. Mahadev felt something strange about it. He hold his forehead for a while and then stood up. Parvati was surprised at his sudden move.

 , "What happened Mahadev ?" she asked worriedly. Lord Shiva glanced at her for a moment, when he suddenly spotted some movement behind the bushes........