One Early Morning

As Parvati was returning to her palace after worshiping Lord Shiva in the early morning, she came to know that she had got pretty late. She thought of her father, Himavat, who might get angry if he knew that she was returning back from the dark forests. But the thought didn't disturb her, she kept murmuring the prayer she sang for Lord Shiva. Her bare feet walked on the wet, grassy ground of the forest, and moved towards the palace. Soon she could see her palace from a distance. She sighed with relief and walked even faster. Suddenly a strange voice came before her. , "Umhm?" she looked back for a second, then walked away. Again there was some movement in the grass and bushes.

, "Who is there?"

A calm air current passed her, with a bright appearance of the sage, Narad. , "Pranam Munivar...." said Parvati, giving a smile as she joined her hands against him.

, "Where are you coming from, my dear child Parvati ?" the mischievous sage asked as he flunked his eyebrows and gave a smile back to her

, "Me...?....I was....." Parvati thought for sometime, "Flowers....I was picking flowers from the forest, and now I am going back to the palace."

She hesitated, showing a basket full of flowers to him.

, "Hmm? Is that something you want to tell me Putri....? Don't hesitate." said Narad Muni.

Parvati gazed at him. How could she tell him that she was willing to marry Lord Shiva, for which she hadn't asked her father. She kept quite. ," Oh, its okay dear child if you don't want to tell me, but I think the time has come, that you should tell that to your father..." he said. Parvati gave smile back and said , "I know Munivar, I know...now I think I should go..."

, " Sure, sure. Go faster, King Himavat is waiting for you today..." said Narad. 

, "Pita ji is waiting for me...?" Parvati walked away faster and Narad kept looking back at her , joyfully  ,"Narayan, Narayan...."