Snowfall of Bliss

Devi Parvati didn't loose hope, and took the most difficult decision of her life, which was to do deep mediation for Mahadev for thousands of years.

King Himavat was so worried for his daughter. He thought how could his daughter do such a difficult task and succeed in making Mahadev believe that her love is true. She was a sensitive and soft natured woman, moreover , a princess. And one day if she ever got sick or hurt , her family was always worried and took care of her until she was well. And now it was the time for Parvati perform such a penance that could make anyone feel terribly weak and hopeless. The thoughts made the Parvati's parents shiver.

They themselves went to the Himalayas to meet her daughter one day. They asked Parvati to stop wishing that a day would come when Mahadev himself will appear against her and would happily agree to marry her. King Himavat and Mainavati tried their best to stop Parvati from doing this , as they thought it was of no use. But Parvati was strongly determined and she didn't accept to stop her penance.

Days passed.....

Years passed.....

Her hope was getting weaker.

It was one of the breezy and foggy nights in the cold , dark caves , where she was sitting on the rocks .She was shaking of the cold around , her hands and feet would feel like they would freeze soon. She had only one dusty , blanket which she had made from bushes and marshy grass. The blanket was covering her completely , but it didn't provide much warmth. Moreover after a while it slowly started snowing. The snow wasn't unusual until it converted into hail very soon.

She wasn't worried , but quite surprised by the sudden change of weather

She wasn't worried , but quite surprised by the sudden change of weather. As the strong blow of snow started coming inside the small cave , she moved a bit aside and covered her feet .Her eyes were half opened , as she was near to sleep when suddenly her eyes noticed something new. It was probably the first time when she saw a small animal in the caves. It was a little white rabbit. She grew a sweet smile on her face , "How beautiful...." she whispered as her voice wasn't clear. She hurried and took the rabbit in her lap very quickly.

, "Hey ,are you scared?" she smiled happily as the small bunny jumped on her and tickled on her hands with it's whiskers. It felt that the rabbit had come here for some warmth. The hail got denser and stronger , with the time passing by.

 The hail got denser and stronger , with the time passing by

, "Come here,..." muttered Parvati as she picked up the rabbit and covered it with the blanket around with her. For sometime the rabbit stayed still, but after then it started shivering of cold. Seeing this , Parvati took the entire bushy blanket over the small rabbit. Now it was feeling the warmth and in a few minutes the little bunny fell asleep. , "Huh..." she sighed happily after watching the little animal getting relaxed. But what about her? This question didn't even come in her mind. She kept staring the little bunny. At the very moment the snow started getting feeble. In a while it stopped snowing, and sky was getting brighter. The clouds faded away and the sun shined with joy.

, " What is happening ?!" Parvati stood up after watching the divine moment. She stepped slowly towards the light , with her weak feet trembling after each step. She was eager to see the sun shine in the sky after so many years, she was keen to feel the warm , happy air of the day. The thoughts gave her the courage to move her feet towards the sunshine. But suddenly her leg got struck by a stone and she was about to slip down,....when someone hold her hands and saved her from falling. She held her head up and saw....

, "Mahadev !" her eyes filled with water, and she burst into tears of joy.

Lord Shiva held her up and smiled after looking into her eyes. Parvati was going to touch his feet when Mahadev stopped her from doing it , and then wiped off her tears.

, " Calm down...." his voice felt like heaven , " Priye Parvati...."

Parvati's eyes filled with delight and her face enlightened with joy , " My Mahadev..." she said. Both of them looked in each other' s eyes.. ..The surroundings lightened up with blissfulness. All of the deities, sages and saints appeared around and celebrated the moment ,... Devi Parvati and Mahadev were now together...Forever....

Forever

Mahadev asked Devi Parvati to ask for a wish after doing such difficult tapasya with dedication. Devi Parvati requested to give back life to Kamdev. Mahadev happily agreed and restored his life. Later Devi Parvati and Lord Shiva got married in Triyuginarayan (the capital of Himavat at that time)....and the place has now been made a beautiful temple as it is believed to be the marriage place of these two divine deities...