Chapter Thirty Two

"I'll be going back home tomorrow." I informed Tay as he removed the seat belt before exiting the car. 

"Already?" He questioned, looking surprised. 

"There's nothing else to do here except waiting to hear from Mr. Santos. I can do that over there too." I answered with a shrug. 

"Yeah?" A smirk took over his face. "Try to be a little honest and just say that you miss your lover boy." 

I felt my face heating up and I averted my gaze, feeling embarrassed. 

"You can blush too?" He exclaimed in an ear-splitting loud voice. 

"Just leave already." I muttered, keeping my head lowered and my face hidden. 

He cooed in a weird voice. "You're so whipped already." 

I let out a frustrated grunt and pushed his side with my hands. "Leave." 

He chuckled before finally opening the car's door. "Now that Aaron is no longer a potential partner for you, guess I'll give you my blessings. I just wanna be your best man in return." 

"Deal?" He asked again, stubbornly holding the car door open. 

"Whatever. Just go now. Bye." I said, dismissing him before reaching over to close the door. 

He let out a loud 'yes' and let go of the door. He waved over to me from the entry of the building and I glared at him in return. My response just fueled his laughter and I drove past his boisterous laughter. 

~~~

It was already evening by the time I placed all of my boxes in the car along with the two bouquets I've bought on my way back. The white daisy bouquet for Nicolas and the sunflower bouquet for grandma. 

As I was passing by the flower shop on my way back, the idea suddenly struck me. I remembered Marco telling me that white daisies were Nicolas' favourite flower. Though I had to visit a few shops to get the bouquet, just thinking about Nicolas' reaction made me all giddy and warm inside. 

Fortunately, grandma's favourite bouquet was available on the very first shop I had visited and that's how my car ended up smelling heavenly on my way back. 

As soon as I was done organising the boxes in my car to make sure they all fit, I quickly texted grandma to let her know that I was coming back. Another text was sent to tell her to keep it a secret from Marco in case he was around. 

By the time I had locked up my apartment and started the car, I had already received grandma's response. Though she was worried about the fact that I'll be driving the whole night, I somehow ended up convincing her that it was okay and that I wasn't sleepy at all, especially not after looking at the bouquets in the passenger seat. 

I texted Marco's number as well to let Nicolas know that I won't be able to talk tonight. I had to lie and say that I was busy with some university related stuff. The sun had already gone down by the time I started driving and though I felt guilty for lying to him, I could no longer wait to see Nicolas. 

~~~

It was time for breakfast by the time I pulled up in front of the house. I was glad to see that grandma wasn't sitting on the porch, waiting for me. I hoped she had gotten some sleep instead of staying up and waiting for me. 

As usual, the door wasn't locked and I walked right in. Much to my dismay, I found her dozing off on the couch in the living room. She wasn't even lying down, just resting her head against the back of the couch.