Chapter 7

It was around 2:00 A.M when Dipper and Mabel had arrived at the Northwest's mansion. It wasn't as big as the first one, and they definitely didn't have a big fancy gate like before, so the twins just walked up to the door. Dipper took a deep breath, then knocked on the door.
After a while of waiting, Dipper and Mabel contemplated on leaving and going somewhere else, until Pacifica opened the door. Her eyes widened at the sight of the twins.
"What happened to you two?" she asked. Before Mabel could speak and make up a weird and unbelievable story, Dipper spoke up.
"We ran away from the shack," he said.
"Why?" Pacifica questioned.
"I will tell you in the morning. But for now, can you let us in?" Pacifica looked over her shoulders, then nodded, motioning for them to come in.
"I'll lead the two of you to the guestroom, and I'll come back for you in the morning. You guys were lucky that my room is downstairs and I sleep with my door opened," Pacifica said.
"We know," Dipper nodded. After that, nobody else spoke. Once they had gotten to the guestroom door, Pacifica opened it for them and turned around.
"Here you go," she said. Mabel didn't say anything as she walked inside, but Dipper stood still.
"Why are you standing there Dipper? This is the guestroom," Pacifica said to him.
"I know," Dipper said. "But I wanted to say thank you."
"Oh, well, uh, you're welcome," Pacifica answered. With a quick bow to her, Dipper walked inside. Mabel was already under the covers and asleep. Dipper looked around the room and noticed a couch with a pillow and a blanket on it, but not another bed. With a sigh, he walked over to the couch and laid down. He pulled up the covers and laid down on his side. He then yawned and closed his eyes, falling asleep.