Chapter 14

Jay's P. O. V.
I blink open my eyes, looking around in confusion as I realize I'm on the bathroom floor. I slowly sit up with a groan, holding my pounding head.

I'm dazed and I have to think for a moment to recall how I must've ended up here. Oh... I fainted.

I gradually stand up, holding onto the bathroom cabinet for extra support. I grab my shirt and phone and shuffle into my bedroom to lay down for a bit.

My head is absolutely killing me, but I just don't have the strength to get up again.

I'm scrolling through my phone when a knock resounds on my door. Lex comes in with a bag of Thai food and sits by me on my bed.

She squints at me as I sit up and start digging through the bag. "You look pretty pale. Are you okay?"

I grind my teeth together as her loud voice echoes through my throbbing head. "For goodness sakes, whisper. I've got a horrible headache."

Her mouth forms an o shape and she switches to a softer volume. "Do you want me to grab anything for you?"

I nod, then wince as the movement jostles my head too much. "Pills and water?" I ask quietly. She nods and leaves the room.

I consider calling Ben, but my anger stops me. I'm just not ready to talk to him again, even though I don't feel great.

It would be nice to have him hold me... No. I push away my thoughts and try to focus on eating.

I've got to get myself feeling better for practice tomorrow. I'd tell someone I fainted, but it wouldn't make a difference. My dad would think I'm making it up and force me to go back to practice. For now, the best thing I can do is rest for the remainder of the day.

Ben's P. O. V.
I've been up all night again stressing about Jay's football practice today. He still won't respond to any of my messages or calls, but I suppose I kind of deserve it.

I step out of my car at the football field, the sky just beginning to brighten with the rays of sunrise. I pick my way through the dew covered grass, following the roughly drawn map Devon made.

I eventually arrive by a set of bleachers and stand just out of the way enough that I can see the field, but am still mostly hidden.

The grass is covered with guys in blue football uniforms and pads, lined up and stretching as a coach yells at them and blows a whistle that pierces through the quiet morning air. They all move into a circle and start discussing something that I'm not close enough to hear.

I spot Jay amongst them, a number 10 on his back, but something seems off about him. Devon is next to him and glances over at me to give me a nod.

The coach blows his whistle again and the group splits, everyone except for Jay setting up in a formation. The coach is talking to Jay, gesturing toward the track that surrounds the field. Jay gives him a nod and takes off running around the track.

Jay's P. O. V.
I start on some laps as the rest of the team works on plays. The coach wanted to ease me into practice today, but I'm starting to think even that might be too much for me.

I woke up with another horrible headache this morning and I'm just not feeling great. Of course, my dad decided to bring me to practice himself today, giving me no opportunity to skip.

I round another bend on the path of the track, breathing heavily. I watch the guys run the plays as my feet pound the cement.

Devon gets tackled to the ground by Quint just as I round the last bend. Quint has definitely been showing his headstrong attitude as usual. I'm surprised he and Devon haven't already gotten into a fight with the amount of tension between them.

Feeling Faint (BxB)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें