Joel - promise

Your POV:
The plane landed in australia after a long flight. I was tired and wanted to get home to go to sleep. My boyfriend Joel of 5 months was picking me up. I got no text from him saying he was on his way. I began to worry a bit because it felt like he forgot about me. I got out my phone ringing Joel's number. I kept ringing but got nothing so I decided to leave it for 10 minutes. I called his phone again. It rang to voicemail once again so I left him a message.

Hey Joel. I've landed at the airport and have been waiting for more than an hour for you. Have you forgotten about me? Please call me back as I want to come home. Bye.

I hung up and decided to wait another 30 minutes before anything. Time passed and I was now getting annoyed.

Joel's POV:
Y/n is due home today. I was planning to do something sweet for her. She needs it after this long trip. Hours went by and I wondered where y/n was. I picked up my phone noticing a load of missed calls and messages from y/n. "Damn it!" I shouted. Jethro ran from the kitchen. "What's up?" He asked. "I was meant to pick y/n up 3 hours ago and I got caught up with all this. She's gonna hate me for this." I said placing my hand across my face.

Your POV:
I walked into Joel's apartment. I was furious with him. Joel walked out and stopped in his tracks noticing me by the door. "You were meant to pick me up Joel! Your promised!" I exclaimed. "Oh god I am so sorry babe. I lost track of time and-" Joel rambled on. "Forget it Joel." I told him as I headed towards the bedroom.

I grabbed my suitcase and headed towards the dining room which leads to our bedroom. "Babe you can't go in there." Joel said running in front of the door stopping me from going in. "Joel just let me go. I'm tired and fed up." I exclaimed. Joel didn't budge. I was confused. "Joel are you cheating on me?!" I said with hurt in my voice. "Baby no." He said holding my hands. I pulled my hands away placing one on my forehead. I sighed. "Joel I get it. You don't love me anymore and you're probably hiding someone in the room for me to not see. Just tell me the truth." I cried.

From looking in his eyes I saw the hurt after what I said. "Y/n. Listen to me. I love you and I would never cheat on you. My phone was on silent and I forgot about picking you up-" Joel said before I butted in. "I gathered." I mumbled. "I forgot to pick you up because I was doing this." Joel explained as he opened the door reveling a table with a nice set up. "J-joel?" I stuttered looking up at him. "I did this for you because you were coming home and not only that I wanted you to come home to something special for once." He explained. "Joel this was so nice of you. I'm so sorry for being angry with you. I was and still am tired and just wanted to come home to see you." I explained.

Joel led me to the chair sitting me down. He sat opposite me. All of a sudden the door opened and out walked Jethro. "Hey y/n so good to see you." He said with a smile. "Did you hear it all?" I asked. He nodded his head. "I'm sorry you heard it all." I appologised. "Shall we?" Joel said making me smile. Jethro placed food infront of us. "Jethro and I cooked this meal up." Joel said squeezing my hand. We ate the food and Jethro came back taking the plates from us. 10 minutes later Jethro walked back out. "I'm going to leave you two be and I'll see you both tomorrow." He smiled leaving us.

Joel took my hand leading me to our bed. "Here lets go lay down and enjoy one anothers company." He said as we both go in the bed. We stayed in one anothers arms unitl we both fell asleep.