Sɪᴄᴋ

𝖵𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖺'𝗌 𝖯𝖮𝖵
I woke up feeling very hot and had a runny nose. I looked at the time and tried to go back to sleep but to my avail, it didn't work. Getting up, I got a thermometer and checked my temperature. The numbers shown were 100.6°F, which meant I had a fever.

I placed some tissues on my nightstand and grabbed a few blankets since I was cold but sweating as well so I turn down the air temperature in the house. My parents aren't home since they are at a business trip but it's not the first time I've dealt with a fever by myself. I would make soup but I'm feeling quite tired to do anything at the moment so I just lay down and stare at my ceiling until I heard my phone ring.

"..Hello?" I answered groggily, not noticing who has called me. "Darling, are you okay? You sound a bit sick." JD said, sounding slightly worried. "I'm fine, what are you doing awake at this hour? It's four am JD." I replied, looking at the red numbers on my alarm clock once more. "I just had a nightmare. I'm coming over, you don't sound well at all." He said. I was gonna reply until I heard the line go dead. "He hung up on me, wow." I thought.

After maybe five minutes or so, I heard a knock coming through my window. I looked at the direction it's at and signaled that it's open. JD comes in and headed straight towards me. "You don't look well, have you taken your temperature?" He asked, touching my face to check if I had a fever. "You're face is very warm." He said. "I took my temperature and I got 100.6°F." I replied, grabbing some tissues and blowing my nose trying to be able to breath with my mouth closed.

He stared at me like if I was crazy. "Ronnie, you have a fever! You should've called me earlier and I would've helped!" He exclaimed, heading towards the door. "Well I found out a few minutes before you called, where are you going?" I asked, curling up to one of my many blankets. "I'm going to make you some soup." He said before leaving me alone in my room.

The whole time he was preparing the soup, there was just loud noises coming from the kitchen. I figured it was him not being able to prepare soup correctly so I decided to go downstairs and help him out. Once I got there, he was holding two pots. Probably trying to see which one was better. He saw me and put the pots down, going towards me and carrying me bridal style to my room.

"Why are you out of bed?" He asked while placing me back to my old spot and covering me with my four blankets. "I heard noises and it seemed like you were having trouble so I decided to help you." I responded, telling the truth. "I had it all under control Veronica." "Sure you did." He stared longingly at me before leaving once again to make me soup.

I sat up and waited until he came back with a bowl and a spoon. "I prepared the soup so open up." He said. I was about to say something but he just put the spoon in my mouth. He continued to give me soup till I finished it all and he placed the bowl on my nightstand. "I'm going to get a small wet towel and place it on your head so I'll be right back." He said, running out of the room this time.

𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝖽 𝖯𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖯𝖮𝖵
Veronica was quite surprised to say the least, she's never seen him act so worried before. He soon came back and placed the towel on her forehead, laying down next to her. Veronica moved closer to him cuddled with him until sleep took over her. He cuddled back and smiled at her, kissing her head and falling asleep with her in his arms. He didn't care that he had a chance in getting sick, all he wanted was to be with Veronica at the moment.

The next few days continued to be the same, JD worrying about Veronica, making her soup, forcing her to stay in bed, just the regular stuff. Veronica soon got better with the help of JD but when one gets cured, the other may get sick as well.

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 743