Aᴛ Tʜᴇ Sɴᴀᴘᴘʏ Sɴᴀᴄᴋ Sʜᴀᴄᴋ

𝖵𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖺'𝗌 𝖯𝖮𝖵
Working at the Snappy Snack Shack is possibly the most boring job you could get. All you do is just watch customers come in, get stuff, pay, and leave. The only good thing is that I can get free slushies or any cooked meal.

I was slurping my cherry slushie when I saw a customer walk in. I rolled my eyes before noticing that I've never seen him before. The same people always come here and this is a small town so I know everybody but I didn't know him.

The guy had slicked back, dark brown hair that had a few strands on his face, dark brown or maybe black eyes, a long trench coat that seemed to be covering a flannel, a black shirt, and some black jeans. He seemed very mysterious and badass. I wanted to get to know this guy already.

He came up to the counter and I stopped slurping my slushie. "Can I get a turbo dog?" He asked, making me melt by just hearing his voice. "Snap out of it Veronica, you don't even know the guy." I thought before preparing his request.

"Want any toppings?" I asked once finishing and looking at him. "No thanks," he replied, tapping his fingers on the counter. "Anything else?" I asked, handing him the turbo dog. He shakes his head as in saying "no."

I was about to say how much it cost until he pulled out his wallet and gave me $5. "If it costs the same as the other Snappy Snack Shack's then it costs $2.30, keep the change." He said before turning around and was about to walk away until I grabbed his wrist from the counter.

"Wait, I've never seen you before, who are you?" I asked, being curious of the fairly attractive guy. "Jason Dean, I go by JD for short. I just moved here yesterday." He replied while I let go of his wrist.

"And you are?" He continued, raising one of his eyebrows. "Veronica Sawyer. Whats a badass like you doing in Sherwood, Ohio?" I asked while I lean and rest my chin on the palm of my hand. "My dads work, he owns a deconstruction company. The old man likes tearing things down." He answered, flashing me a charming smile.

We continued to talk until it was the end of my shift and we were outside of the store making out. Yeah sure, it's dumb to make out with someone you just met but I could care less. The Heathers have done worse anyway.

I had my arms around his neck while he had his on my waist. We pulled away once we realized we needed to breath. "Never thought I would be making out with a girl outside of a Snappy Snack Shack." He said, panting a bit from the loss of oxygen. "Never thought I would be making out with a stranger." He chuckled at my response.

"I'm not much of a stranger if you know my name darling." He said, making me melt once again by him calling me that. I checked the watch on my wrist and noticed I had to be home ten minutes ago.

Disappointed that I had to go, I removed my arms from the place they were at. "As much as I don't want to leave right now, I have to be home before my mother freaks out and sends a search party for me." I said, knowing she would be overdramatic and actually send one.

"Ah, you should get going then. It was a pleasure meeting you Sawyer." I giggled at the nickname. "Pleasure meeting you too JD." I responded while he pulled out a pen and a paper and used the wall to write on it.

He handed me the paper and got on his motorcycle. "What's this?" I asked, referring to the note he just gave me. "My number, call me sometime." He winked and drove off into the darkness. I folded the paper neatly and got in my car, driving to my house and smiling like as if a little kid just got ice cream.

I couldn't wait to call him.

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 695

// 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝗼 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐎𝐎𝐂 ( 𝗼𝐮𝐭 𝗼𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 ) 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐝𝗼𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝗼𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝗺𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝗼 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝗼𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐛𝗼𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝗼 𝐢 𝐰𝐫𝗼𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬. 𝐒𝗼𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝗺𝐚𝗼.