Cᴏɴғᴇssɪɴɢ Pᴀʀᴛ Oɴᴇ

𝖵𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖺'𝗌 𝖯𝖮𝖵
Ever since me and JD have gotten together, he could read me as a book. He always knew when I was sad even when I fake smiled while others would be fooled. But I couldn't do the same, his expressions would always be unreadable.

I always had this curiosity over his trench coat. It's not that I don't like it, he always wears it and it worries me. It's dumb but even when it's burning outside, he still wears it. I've only seen him wear long sleeved shirts.

My suspicion grew while I sat on my bed thinking about JD. He was a very secretive guy, even to me. I always wished that he could open up to me one day, I continued to think when I heard my window opening behind me.

"Dreadful etiquette, I apologize." Said a familiar raspy voice. I smile and giggle slightly at his formalities and turned around before my face turns into a worried and shocked face.

I could tell he was bruised badly in the parts that I could see even with the makeup covering it. The cosmetics were applied poorly and anyone could still see the marks of it. Noticing the silent atmosphere, I finally spoke up. "What happened to your face?"

He widened his eyes a bit. "I'm not sure I catch up to what you're saying darling, what's wrong with my face?" He asked, acting dumb about the situation. I got up and went towards him, cupping his cheek once I got near.

"You're face is covered in bruises and don't try to play it off, you applied the concealer horribly." I answered, inspecting his face. He looked down sadly and walked to my bed to sit on it while I went to grab a makeup wipe.

Once I wiped his face carefully due to the injuries he had, I gasped. His bruises looked bad, I couldn't help but get worried. "How- How did this happen JD?" I stuttered, looking into his dark eyes.

𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝖽 𝖯𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖯𝖮𝖵

"I just got in a fight with a random guy, he was pissing me off and I couldn't help it. I don't even know how many bruises I got, I just covered the ones I saw." He said, not saying the full truth. He was nervous, more
likely anxious, about the whole situation. He was scared she would find out.

She was skeptical of him, she believed there was more to the story than he explained but decided to not pressure it. "Just let me bandage you up, you're bleeding as well."

Jason hadn't realized he was bleeding, he was too focused on arriving to Veronica's place that it completely left his mind.

After cleaning him up a bit, Veronica started taking off his trench coat but he soon stopped her.

"w-what are you doing?" He stuttered, getting more scared and anxious then before. She looked at him in confusion and replied back, "I'll just be taking off your coat to see if you have more bruises, that's all."

Jason was trying to find his words and ended up saying "there are no bruises there, I don't know what you're talking about." He heard the female chuckle lightly. "you said that you didn't know how many bruises you had earlier, just let me see." He sighed deeply, knowing there was no way out.

He knew it was his time to confess

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟻𝟼𝟼

// 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝗼𝐧 𝐚 𝐥𝗼𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝗼𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 . 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝗺𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝗼𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝗼𝗼𝐧 , 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝗺𝗼𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝗼𝐧 𝐭𝗼 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝗼𝐲 !