Puppy Love (Part 2) - Rufus

Y/N's POV

After finding out that my favorite dog in the whole wide world can turn into a human, I've been helping Manny help Rufus fit in the human world. Manny somehow gave up in the process and stopped hanging out with us, while I stayed with Rufus.

For the past straight days, Rufus and I became close, despite having a hard time understanding him because for his whole life, he was a dog. Rufus is fun, it was still like hanging out with dog Rufus, except he can talk. We had fun every after school, going to the park and played around in the park.

I remember going to the dance with my friends and felt jealous when I saw Rufus having a great time with Paige. I sat with my friends on our table and watched everyone interact with each other, until I notice Manny and Paige left. The three of us searched for Rufus, but Manny ended up getting kidnapped.

We searched for Manny and fought of the guys who kidnapped him in an abandoned warehouse far from school. I also ended up nearly getting killed, but Rufus jumped in the way and saved me, his amulet was broken and he's stuck as a dog.

Until one day, we found out that certain emotions can trigger Rufus' transformation. Manny and Paige also started dating and I'm so happy for them. Rufus is now my new best friend, he stole Manny's role in my life. When Paige and Manny started dating, I became more close to Rufus.

The four of us walked to school as Paige bid goodbye to us to go to class. "Paige is great. I wish I can find someone like that," Rufus sighed.

I frowned.

Ok, so maybe I developed a crush on Rufus when we spend almost the entire day together. He would go to my house and hang out with me whenever Manny would ditch him to hang out with Paige. Manny knew, since I told him and he promised not to tell anyone.

Manny knows, and so does my friends. Paige has an idea, but I didn't tell her yet.

"Don't worry man. She'll come around," Manny assured his best friend and glanced over at me for a bit. "Yeah Rufus. You'll never know she's probably right in front of you and you never notice it," I said.

Rufus tilts his head to the side. "I-I mean... Just give it some time, Rufus. The right girl will come, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but she'll come around someday," I explained.

Rufus smiled at me. "Thanks Y/N," he said. We stares at each other for a few seconds until my friends yelled my name and called me over to them. "I'll catch ya guys later," I waved at the two boys and left them.

I walked over to my friends and smiled at them. "Hey guys," I waved. "Sup Y/N. How was your weekend?" Courtney smiled. "I've had better weekends," I answered.

We walked inside of school and went to class.

*Timeskip*

I separated with my friends and sat with Paige, Manny and Rufus during lunch.

"Hey," I looked up from my salad to look at Rufus who is eyeing Manny's pudding cup, "Can I have your pudding cup?"

"What? No," Manny said while grabbing the cup and placed it far from Rufus.

"Please?"

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

Rufus pouts at Manny. "Please."

I sighed and grabbed the cup from Manny. He reaches his hand to grab it from me, but I smacked his hand away and placed the pudding cup near Rufus. Manny gave me a look of disbelief as Paige giggled. "What? How can you say no to that face?" I asked.