When Flowers Spark Fires, Pt. 2

You gently lay Lily in your old, pink cradle. You're glad your mother never got rid of it, because now it's finally coming to good use. Lily stirs lightly, smacking her lips before cuddling with the blanket in the cradle. A large smile spreads across your face. You gush at how cute she is, gently tucking her in and then tiptoeing away.
You stand back, holding your breath as you wait. Baby Lily doesn't even move. You let out a soft sigh in relief. That Baby Bell works amazingly, and you're glad Lofty was kind enough to use it. You decide to stay for a moment, just to make sure she doesn't wake up crying.

~~~

Lofty huffs at the fae. She's right, and he knows it. He knows nothing about these new, unidentifiable emotions that he's starting to feel. It's rather irritating to him, not knowing of these emotions.

"You possess an encyclopedia, no?" The fae chimes, giving the large creature a questioning glance as she furrows her brows. His brows knit in response as he watches her flutter up to his eye level. He stares at her, tilting his head as he ponders the question. Why would she bring up such a random thing, he wonders.

"If you were to flip through an encyclopedia, you could potentially find a name for such emotions." She states, raising her brows at him as she slowly explains her reasoning for suddenly speaking about it. His eyes widen. "Of course." He huffs, wishing he thought of that himself, his ears perking up in response. His eyes wander to the front door.

Missy's eyes follow his gaze. "She is of no concern." She grumbles, giving Lofty a look of annoyance. Missy is not a fan of his sudden, overbearing behavior, and would find it to be rather annoying if it were her in your position. "She has a child to attend to. She will not acknowledge our lack of presence." Missy affirms, flicking her hand dismissively at the house.

Lofty nods, agreeing with the fae. Besides, his interest in the name of these emotions drives him to the point where he feels alright leaving your side. With his thoughts stuck on the encyclopedia, he creeps towards the forest, passing through a window and glancing in. He sees your back as you watch Lily, and he smiles, finding your mothering side to be quite adorable to him.

With Missy quickly fluttering beside him, he picks up his pace as he enters the forest. He focuses on getting to his home, but a part of his mind can think of nothing but you.

~~~

You turn around, and she's gone. Lily has left the building. You've been frantically searching for her for the past ten minutes, calling her name only to hear nothing in response. No crying, laughing, or snoring. It's as if she never existed.

"Oh man, what is mom gonna say when I tell her I turned my back for five seconds and immediately lost a baby?" You whine, holding your head in your hands and shakily sighing into them. 'Maybe Lofty or Missy took her?' Your mind asks, trying to come up with some sort of logical explanation.

With that thought fresh in your mind, you sprint outside. "Do you guys-?" You go to ask, only to realize that they're gone as well. "Guys. . .?" You timidly question, fully opening the door and walking out. Your bottom lips puffs out into an exaggerated pout.

"Oh, great, they disappeared too."

(A/N: Sorry it's so short! This one was rushed. I'll visit it later and try to fix it. Thanks for reading!)