nineteen

Arsalaan stared at his wife in disbelief. How did she come up with something as crazy as that, he had no idea, "I'm a what?" he asked again, just to make sure he heard it right. To which she gave him a look.

"I mean, you never wanted to kiss me or something, despite being married. So, I had to clarify my doubts." Malaika shrugged innocently and waited for his answer.

She knew that she has dodged a bullet! Allah, his expressions are hilarious.

He blinked his eyes twice. Did she really say those words aloud? Damn his ego was hurt.

"If you think that I'm going to kiss you just to prove a point, then you're wrong, Malaika." Arsalaan sighed inwardly and observed her face pale in confusion. She expected a better answer, damn it!

"It has nothing to do with you, it's just me. And no, I'm not gay." he breathed in and out, trying to control his emotions. She stared at him with hurt eyes, what the hell does that mean now?

"I don't know if I can tell this. But we didn't get married in the nicest way and you absolutely hated me for it. I'm not going into details and risk your health. Just know that you hate me in real and your old self would never want to kiss me." he smiled sadly, as soon as she registered those words her head began to ache involuntarily as she tried to recollect those things.

Arsalaan frowned at her as he dragged his stubborn wife to sit on the bed and took a fresh towel from the wardrobe to dry her hair, "this is why I didn't tell you. I'm sorry for the headache. Is it paining a lot?" his voice; half guilty and half concerned.

Why did he say those words anyway? What the hell was wrong with him?

"Hmm." she hummed in response and stared at the floor marbles, whilst thinking about his words as he finished drying her hair and was now massaging her head. And good god, it felt so good.

Why on the earth will she hate this person? She must be mad if she did so.

Oh, she had no idea.

"Why didn't you dry your hair quicker?" Arsalaan asked in worry to which she didn't reply anything. Her thoughts were lost somewhere else to think about her damn hair.

"Malaika?" his stern voice brings her out of the trance, "I just came out of the shower like ten minutes ago or something," she replied, still lost in her thoughts.

"You should have dried it quickly," he mumbled incoherently whilst massaging her head.

"So it's about my memory loss then?" Malaika murmured to herself.

Arsalaan stopped at once and sat down on his knees, in front of her, "look Malaika. For the sake of Allah! Stop thinking about what I just said. I blurted those in impulse. Please. I can't risk anything happening to your health." he held her tiny little hands in his, as she looked him in the eyes.

Everything else was forgotten for a moment, as she stared at his eyes. There was something about them, something so magnetic which pulls her towards him; like an electric force. Every single time.

His eyes always had this power on her. Always.

They were both lost, his hands holding hers securely while she stared into his eyes keenly and a shiver ran down her spine as she felt the deep intensity in them as he stared back at her.

"You're too good for me and I'm not stealing your first kiss just to prove any point." he hated himself for saying those words. But he had to. Arsalaan doesn't deserve her and she had to realize this quickly for their own good.

Malaika gave him a blank stare, "did you have your first kiss already?" with the way she sounded, he was sure that she is so angry and curious, which made Arsalaan chuckle, "of course not. I saved my first kiss for my wife."