twenty three

It was the day of Fahad Abbasi's nikkah. The Abbasi mansion was filled with guests and happiness. Everyone was so excited and elated to see their Fahad finally get hitched except for one person, it wasn't like Malaika is not happy for her brother. Of course, she was. But then her complicated life is too overwhelming to think about someone else other than her issues.

"Why aren't you dressed yet? It's your brother's wedding for goodness sake. You should be down by now." Shahana's voice snapped Malaika out of her thoughts, as she sighed inwardly and got up to get dressed.

Shahana was glad that she came here to check up on her. God, her daughter is turning more and more irresponsible with each passing day. But a small smile appeared on her lips as she eyed Malaika's Mehendi filled hands.

"Masha Allah, look at your mehendi. It's so dark." Shahana exclaimed as she eyed her daughter's beautiful hands, who only nodded in response. Shaking her head in disbelief, she left the room quickly not wanting to lose her cool on her son's wedding, but her daughter was beginning to get on her nerves.

Malaika groaned in annoyance as she shuts her room door and kicked the chair on her way. She was angry beyond words could explain and was in no mood to attend any wedding. Just because it was her elder brother, she's forced to go. And looking at her Mehendi filled hands only made her more annoyed.

The memories of how Arsalaan patiently drew Mehendi on her hands that one day refused to leave her mind since yesterday and now she couldn't get herself to even smile properly.

What the hell are you doing to me, Arsalaan Baig?

Inaya's suggestion for divorce has already made her furious enough and now, memories relating to him was haunting her day and night. On top of that, Arsalaan never tried to contact her. There's no sign of him, no calls, no texts, nothing. That is exactly what she would have wanted had she not spent those three and half months with him.

Huffing angrily, she took a final look at herself and went out to make people aware of her presence, lest her mother will give another long lecture. She was in no mood for any of those.

Faking a smile on her face, she walked downstairs and saw people congratulate each other excitedly. Oh damn, the nikkah is already finished and she is coming only just now. Her mother is going to kill her for sure. Pretending to be cool, she slipped away from the hall not wanting to meet her mother's accusing eyes.

It felt like imagination but her eyes fell on that familiar figure and a gasp left her mouth as she figured it was no imagination but the person was real. Arsalaan Baig was really here. He was yet to notice her, as he's busy talking with one pretty lady and it was his back she's facing anyway. But still, the sight of him laughing at some other woman's jokes made her angry.

A frown appears on her face as she glared at him, whilst clenching her fists.

Inaya's words bugged her again.

He deserves to be loved. You can never give him that, but someone else is ready to give him all of that and so much more.

D-divorce him.

Before she could realize it, Arsalaan turned back to look her way and she averted her gaze and made it seem like she hadn't noticed him but too bad, he was already coming towards her. Not knowing what to do, she walked away from there and he kept following her behind everywhere.

Isn't this what she wanted? For him to come and talk with her. Then why the hell was she running away from him? She had no idea. But seeing him laugh with some other woman and then his sister's suggestion for divorce has pissed her off. She was furious now and had no mood to talk with him.