bonus

Zayn Abbasi can be described as many things but being nervous was not one of them, that is until now. With every step he took towards the Baig villa, his heartbeat paced up in a rapid manner. He doesn't know what he is nervous about.  He wanted to meet and talk with her. His wife...The fact which he always tried to ignore but couldn't anymore. 

After having enough of self pep talks, Zayn finally rang the doorbell making sure that he is prepared for what is about to come and the cousin of Inaya opened the door. Giving him one curious look the boy lets him in. 

"I'll call Inaya down, you can sit here if you want." the boy whose name he remembered as Sharik said to him and walked upstairs whilst humming some random song to himself. Zayn nodded to no one in particular and walked into the living room but froze as he saw Arsalaan Baig sitting on the sofa and working on something on his laptop. As if realizing his eyes upon him, his brother-in-law looked up and was shocked to find him at their house, as expected. 

Zayn hated this guy for obvious reasons and he was sure that feelings were mutual, if not hate there's a strong dislike from Arsalaan's side. 

"Well, what a pleasant surprise," Arsalaan mumbled as he shut his laptop down and gestured him to have a seat. With an awkward nod, he took his seat and looked upstairs waiting for that particular someone to come down.

"What brings you here, Mr Abaasi?" Zayn snapped his head at that, what did he mean by that? Wasn't it very obvious? A frown appeared on his face at that absurd question. 

 As if on cue Inaya walked downstairs and his heart skipped a beat as he saw her after almost two and half weeks. She looked exhausted, must be the baby's doings... He concluded to himself. But she looked beautiful nevertheless, the truth which he never wanted to acknowledge. 

Arsalaan cleared his throat bringing him out of his daze, Zayn stared at him with an embarrassed look. He just had to check her out in front of her big brother. God, you're so stupid Zayn

"You?" Inaya was equally or more surprised than her big brother to find her husband sitting in the living hall of Baig Villa, but composed herself as Arsalaan nodded at her. 

"Can you prepare us some coffee, Inaya? I'd like to have a word with your husband." Arsalaan said and Zayn looked taken aback. He must have seen that coming anyway, "you do?" 

"Yes, can we go to my study? I want us to discuss something very important." Zayn shifted uncomfortably but nodded his head anyway. Inaya suppressed a laugh as she walked into the kitchen, she was curious to know what they were going to talk about, so started making the coffee as quick as she could. 

"Cool." nodding his head, he stood up and followed Arsalaan from behind, amazed to know that Inaya can actually prepare coffee. That was news to him. He has always classified her as a spoiled brat, who knows nothing about the kitchen, this only made him realize how wrong he was in judging someone so quickly. 

Even though they were best friends, he had failed to notice these little things about her. And that made him feel more guilty with every passing second.

"So?" the air in the study was as awkward as it can be, Arsalaan sat on one of his chairs and asked Zayn to take a seat beside him. 

"So," he replied with a nervous smile. 

"Let's begin with the fact that you're my sister's husband. Willingly or unwillingly. You do accept that, right?" 

Zayn gave him a blank look, "I do." 

"I know you never liked her, I don't know in the future, but as far as the past is concerned you never did, am I right?" Arsalaan tried his best to act cool, for the sake of his sister. Zayn clenched his fist with annoyance, "no. I didn't. Can you blame me?"