S5 Chapter 21

Did I write this right after I posted the other one? Possibly. I'm just so excited to get into these last final chapters and I couldn't wait! Hope you enjoy <3

----------------------

The moment ran though Amari's head over and over again, still not believing it to be true. She had made it past the first round, and he had finally beaten Todoroki in one of their battles. It was overwhelming, so much so that the girl didn't know how to take it.

Although she quickly interrupted out of her own thoughts when the sharp sting of Neosporin shocked her as the cold liquid touched her skin and Katsuki grumbled. "Idiot, you know you can't be healed. Why the hell did you go so far?"

Pushing her teeth together in order not to groan, the girl laughed nervously before the nurse began to wrap her arms in medical tape. "Oh please Katsuki, it's just a couple of burns. Don't be such a baby. The point is I passed, remember?"

Yet her brother wasn't pleased, staring at the scars that littered her cheeks and face before flicking her nose in annoyance. "That doesn't mean you have to pick a fight with icy hot. That bastard didn't go easy on you.."

Rubbing the sore spot on her nose, the girl frowned. "I'm glad he didn't. It meant Shoto was taking me seriously, and besides aren't battle scars kinda cool in their own way?"

She beamed in happily as Katsuki's eyes saddened, not wanting to see his sister so beat and scratched up. "Only you would say that stupid. Just try not to kill yourself on the next round. Getting your license doesn't mean anything if you're dead."

Laughing to herself, Amari ignored the hard reality of his words before thanking the nurse and touching her now bandaged arm. "Yeah, you got a point there..."

Just then the door opened beside them as Endeavor stomped in wordlessly, causing the girl to wear a lopsided grin. "Endeavor! What brings you here? Were you worried about your favorite trainee, or did you wanna congratulate me on kicking some serious ass back there?"

Although her playful tone was slowly deflated when the man huffed back. "First of all, you're my only trainee, something I regret far too often, and second of all you almost failed the exam by picking a fight with my son. Did you forget what the goal was?"

To be completely honest, Endeavor was insanely tense the entire fight, mostly because those two stupid kids were only focusing on themselves and not the ultimate goal. Any more time messing around and both Todoroki and Amari would've failed.

Amari blinked in surprise at his tone before leaning back in her chair lazily. "Aww come on old man, give me some props. Yeah we did get a little carried away but it was all in good fun. No one forgot about passing or anything like that. You know I'm not that stupid."

Although Endeavor only sighed in response, placing an exhausted hand to his head in order to quell an oncoming headache. "That's to be decided. Just focus on what matters. Don't forget, you represent my agency."

Nodding back silently, Amari replied. "You know I don't intend to fail Endeavor, no matter what. Your agency's pride is safe with me."

The man could only look at her scars though, sighing heavily at the amount of faith he had put in this reckless girl. He cared for her yes, but even Endeavor knew just how carried away she could get sometimes when she really wanted something.

Just then, Amari looked over her shoulder only to sadden just slightly. "Hey, where's Hawks? He said he would sneak in to see us after the first round. I wanna tell him that his plan worked.."

Yet just as she finished her words Endeavor crossed his arms over his chest. "That idiot bird is still with those commission dogs. The president wanted him to stay for the intermission, I imagine on purpose so that he couldn't see you two."