Chapter 2

Damian was taken by Alfred and now was in complete silence as always.

"How were classes today, master Damian" ?

"Same as the other days".

" Hmm, I see. Anything exciting to report? Or just the same".

"There's a girl. Marinette Kent. Apparently Clark's secret daughter. She's, nice".

"And what makes this interesting, master? You usually despise nice people, besides your friend Jon" .

"I'm not sure. But, I saw the locker smack her. That definitely was a sight to see".

" Yes, I can see". Said Alfred, taking a glance at the mirror reflecting Damian's small smile.

The two later arrived at the manor and entered.

Meanwhile, after some time in the Kent farmhouse, Marinette and Jon made it. They both entered and were greeted by nothing but wooden items adorning the living room and kitchen.

"Hmm, I don't think I'll ever get used to this".

" Well, you coming from France, definitely not. But I think soon you'll find your happy spot here. Lets go finish our homework first, then we'll get our chores done and find something to do. Yeah"?

"Mhm".

The two set off to do their homework and chores. Pretty boring stuff, but they managed to convert everything into a fun game.

" And, where's Connor "?

" Oh, you know, living the city life. He doesn't really like it here".

"Oh, well, does he visit at least"?

" Oh yes. Three times a week. Monday's, Thursday's, and Saturday's ".

" So tomorrow"? She asked.

"Mhm. Now, I know something we can both do, and I promise it'll be fun. Mom and dad won't be back until seven, so we have plenty of time".

The two ran outside and Jon showed Marinette what the barn now looked like. It was remodeled and it was a lot safer. The ladders and the structure itself were now safe. Not like in the past, one foot and everything would crumble.

'Heh, good days' thought Jon.

Some hours later of fun, (consider it destruction people), the two went indoors and soon came Clark and Lois. They both happily greeted their two young ones and dinner finally commenced.

" So my dear, how was France "? Asked Clark. He was curious.

" Well, I made some friends over the course of well, ten years. Everything was all good and the people were so nice. The Dupain-Cheng's were also really good people. They ran a nice small bakery with tasty baked goods and all sorts of things. And the sites were all so marvelous. almost the opposite of Gotham. College Francis dupont was a bit too, I don't know how to say it, but it was all like, fake. The way they structured the learning curriculum was a bit too off. And the students attending the school seemed a bit too dumb. But other than that, it was great, but I think I lost a few brain cells".

"Well don't worry little one, here, you'll do just fine and strengthen your still living brain cells. And I hope you can understand why we sent you away for that much time".

" I do understand dad. But, I don't think those years really worked". She looked down at her plate of food.

"And why do you think that"? Asked Lois.

" Oh, it's just a thought".

"Hmm, okay". Clark wasn't so sure but decided not to pry.

Later evening, all lights were out by nine and that was how a day was spent in the Kent farmhouse. (I'm guessing)