chapter 19

lucy's p.o.v

"dakota." i say her name softly as she cries uncontrollably in front of me. i go to grab her hand but she jerks it away, shaking her head. "look at me."

"i don't deserve that." she chokes. i tilt my head and sigh, knowing she feels bad. but i don't want her to.

"babygirl look at me." i get even closer to her, still holding the ring in one hand. i put my other hand on her shoulder, close to her neck.

she sniffs her nose before slowly bringing her head up to look at me. "i accused you of cheating." she says harshly. "why do you want to give me that?"

"i'm not mad." i say quickly. "just relax for me, okay? you deserve this." i bring my hand up to her cheek, wiping some tears away. she takes a deep breath, shaking her head again.

"i don't." she scoffs. "why aren't you mad? i accused you of the worst when all you ever did was buy me something to show how much you love me." she stares into my eyes, looking so upset. but then her eyes sparkle when she glanced at the ring.

"that's the point, to show how much i love you. i want you to know for certain that i will never be unfaithful to you." i say to her, holding her face in my hand. she nods softly, letting me grab her hand now.

i slip the ring onto her ring finger on her left hand. she looks at it, her mouth now forming a smile. i smile too, glad that she likes it.

"i'm so sorry lucy." she says. "you're the best and i really don't deserve this. or you-"

"hey hey, be quiet." i cut her off. i hold her chin up to look at me as our eyes lock. i hate seeing the gloss covering her eyes. "you do deserve it. don't feel bad, don't feel sorry. i just love you, okay?"

"and i love you more." she wraps her arms around my neck, burying her head into my neck. i hold onto her wait tightly, making sure she knows i'll never let go.

i'm way too in love with dakota to be mad now that she thought i cheated. that would of gotten us nowhere because if i never gave her this promise ring, maybe we would of been over. of course i was upset that she didn't believe me but that's another reason i'm glad i got her the ring. i want her to know she's mine and i'd never want anyone else.

"thank you." she mumbles to me. "it's so beautiful. thank you thank you." she pulls away and immediately leans in to kiss me.

i hold onto her hips as i kiss her back passionately. she holds my face in her hands as i feel the coldness of the ring touching my skin. i smile against her lips, my cheeks heating up to the max.

"happy one year." we both pull away and i say to her. she smiles, saying the same thing back and leaning in to kiss my lips again,

a knock in the door startles both of us as we pull away. we stare at the door as it opens slowly. kenzie creeps in with her hand over her eyes, peaking only a little.

"are you okay?" i ask her. she looks at us and moves her hand. she lets out a sigh of relief.

"yup. just didn't want to see any boobs this time. or worse." she scrunches her face. i look over at dakota and giggle. "woah!"

kenzie comes over to dakota and lifts her hand, looking at my ring finger. she examines in the ring, her jaw dropped to the floor.

"are you shitting me?" she looks up at me. i chuckle, shaking my head.

"i'm definitely not doing that." i respond, making kenzie roll her eyes playfully. she touches the ring carefully but then dakota jerks her hand back.