chapter 25

aubreys p.o.v

she folds her hands on her lap, pouting at me. i'm nervous. but how can someone look so cute while pouting?

"i wanted to say i'm sorry as well. about last night." she says looking right into my eyes. my heart swells as my nerves disappear. i shake my head, clearing my throat.

"you have nothing to be sorry for. it was all me, i was totally being ridiculous and jealous..i guess." i tell her honestly. she sighs, licking her lips quickly.

"no but..i i said some things that i shouldn't of. you are my friend-what i mean is, i do consider you a friend. you're just looking out for me which i appreciate." she smiles a little, nodding her head. i can't help but feel bad about what i said about lucy because now she's nervous about her. i don't think lucy deserves her but i should keep my mouth shut.

"i was talking shit about your girlfriend." i chuckle. "you had every right to blow up. i don't really know anything anyway." i tell her.

she blinks slowly, looking down towards her lap for a moment. i keep my eyes on her, not knowing what she's going to say. or if she will say anything at all. i wait a moment, my eyes moving down her body and back up. she keeps seeing those pictures of lucy in her head, i already know. yet i still have the sight of her naked in the shower in my head.

why do clothes exist?

oh my- stop aubrey.

she looks back up so we are face to face and i mentally cuss myself out. my face is red.

"she lied to me." her lip quivers slightly, her eyes narrow as she looks exhausted.

"i know-"

"about multiple things." she cuts me off, shaking her head lightly. i just need to shut up at this moment, let her talk. let out some steam. "she said she wouldn't drink a lot and would be careful. then even worse she went behind my back and went to the party, thinking i wouldn't find out."

"a lot of people were at that party, maybe they were encouraging her-"

i'm cut off again, "she shouldn't of gone in the first place. i told her it's not safe because she can't handle that shit. she gets drunk. shes the one who does it to herself, every time. with the help of encouragement i'm sure but.." she pauses for a second, making my heart sting listening to what she's saying. she loves this girl so much and this is how she gets repaid. "she's a liar."

how can i make her feel better?

"people are parties can possible peer pressure her, maybe talk and find out what really happened before you-"

"aubrey thats bullshit and you know it." she cuts me off AGAIN, but i can't blame her. i'm not making things better in the end. "i know that it's her just wanting to have millions of drinks. you were just talking bad about her, why switch up now?" she says, causing my eyes to widen for a second.

"i-i'm sorry. she's your girlfriend, that's why." not knowing what to say, that comes out.

i start to panic when i see just the shiny layer of tears coat her eyes. i hate seeing her like this. she wipes her face quickly, leaning her forehead on my shoulder.

"don't apologize, i just don't know what to do right now." she mumbles against me. "i wish she would just listen to me when i'm trying to keep her safe. am i holding her back?"

she keeps her forehead pressed up against my shirt as she talks. why would she ask me that? i know she's upset but i don't know what is running through lucy's head right now.