chapter 32

this book will be over in a few chapters so i am going to try and get it done quick so you all can reread if you want since ik most of u forgot (and i don't blame you ahha) so yeah :) and then i wanna start a new book!!!
lucy's p.o.v

after classes that day, dakota and i walked back to our dorm rooms. i gave her a kiss goodnight as she went into her room and shut the door. i walked down the hall to my room and dug in my pocket for the key. i unlock the door, hearing jades voice talking.

"yeah." i hear her say as i close the door behind me. she has her back towards me, tapping her foot. "i just need a ride there and back."

i look at her with a confused expression. i walk up to her, placing my hand on her shoulder. she spins around, not expecting me. when she sees it's me, she gives me a small smile. then she zones back into the phone.

"alright..yeah..see you then." she takes the phone away from her ear and hangs up.

"who was that?" i ask her. she throws her phone on her bed and sighs at me.

"my mom." she says quietly. i furrow my eyebrows.

"you're seeing her when?" i ask her, confused. she scratches her eyes, acting like she doesn't want to tell me.

"i'm going home for christmas." she says quickly, walking away from me towards the dorm room door. i follow after her, not letting her exit the room.

"wait what? why? you're coming with me." i speak in a defensive tone and not even i understand why. she shakes her head at me.

"no i'm not." she says. "my sister won't be there anyway, she's going with a friend. so i told my mom i'm coming home." she tells me.

"listen, no." i grab her wrist lightly and pull her away from the door. "you can come with dakota and i. i'm serious. i don't want you to be stuck with them."

"they are my parents, lucy." she immediately says after me. i tilt my head at her.

"do not even try to pretend like you actually want to be with them for two whole weeks." i shake my head. she licks her lips and sighs. i wait for her to speak for almost 30 seconds.

"you, dakota, and kenzie can enjoy your christmas break. i'm not part of your group and i shouldn't have agreed to come in the first place." she goes walking over to her bed and sitting down. she grabs her phone and looks at it. "besides, i have your number just in case it doesn't work out."

"see jade, i'm not letting that happen." i take a quick seat next to her. "i want you to have a fun break. you can join our group for the moment, it will be fun. the more the merrier." i place my hand on her shoulder again. she looks down at her lap.

"i want to go." she says. "i want to be with you, lucy." she whispers. "but you know dakota doesn't want me there." she shakes her head.

"you're my friend, jade." i talk to her as her head and eyes are still facing downward. "remember when you hated me in the beginning? i told myself i would get you to warm up to me and i was right. please, just come with us so we can all have a fun christmas break." i beg her.

"i didn't hate you."

jade's p.o.v

"i didn't hate you." i look up to meet her eyes. her beautiful eyes that are full with hope.

i already loved you.

"oh you definitely hated me. and i still don't know why." a playful smile creeps on her face. i sigh again, looking away from her.

and i knew i'd get attached.

"if you're really sure that dakota won't hate you for it, i'll come." i agree. "but don't say i didn't try." i say quickly. my eyes dart down to her lips as i look back at her face but i wouldn't stop. my gosh, i need to stop.

fuck, i shouldn't stayed "hating" her.

"we will have fun." she smiles and goes to sit down on her bed. i go and sit down on mine, pulling my laptop out. "can i ask you something?" i hear her soft voice.

"of course." i say and pay my attention to her.

"dakot didn't have the chain with her ring on today. she always wore the ring or the chain so do you think her not wearing it was just an accident or is she trying to tell me something?" she asks me. i freeze for a second, remembering that horrible thing i did. how am i going to get away with taking it?

"you guys are on good terms, she definitely just forgot today." i assure her. she takes a deep breath, nodding her head. i'm horrible.

"okay. thank you." she looks down at her lap. i don't want to be the cause of her being upset. i need to reassure her that nothing she did is her fault. even though i should just do the right thing and give the ring back. it's too late now, i already have it.

i get up and go over to her bed to sit next to her. i catch her attention by sitting to face her and crossing my legs in front of her. she looks in her right direction to look at me.

"you are the sweetest person i've ever met, lucy." i tell her. "i was out of line to be so mean to you when we first moved in and i'm sorry but it wasn't you. it was me. you are great. dakota is so lucky to have you." i look into her eyes, noticing her mouth morph into a real smile that grows bigger and bigger with my words.

"shut up." she looks away from me, her cheeks blushing uncontrollably. i jump off the bed and move on my feet to meet her eyes. she looks away again and i run over to the other side of the bed to meet them again.

"i will not shut up." we both start laughing as she realizes she can't win. i sit back down on her bed, staring at her face.

"you're the sweet one here." she says quietly. i shake my head, finally looking away from her. it's like falling in love all over again.

"you are beautiful." i tell her, covering my mouth quickly after. i didn't mean to say that out loud. i was just thinking it. i'm always thinking it.

she hums. "nah." she shakes her head. i nod my head back at her.

"yes." i argue back.

"no."

"yes."

"no."

"no."

"yes."

"AHA!" i stand up, pointing at her. she groans, smacking her for forehead with her palm.

"you tricked me!" she whines.

"doesn't matter. you said yes. woohoo!" i put my hands in the air in celebration.

"no fair" she shakes her head at me again. i lay down on my bed, laughing to myself.

"indeed very fair." i answer back. i watch her go on her computer, ignoring me even though i can see that cute smile on her face.

"don't talk to me, i'm busy." she snaps playfully. i turn over, going on my phone.

"yes ma'am."

dakota's p.o.v

"i wonder what lucy is doing with that ring" i ponder on my bed, saying my thoughts out loud. i see aubrey shrugs as she digs through her closet.

"i don't know honestly." aubrey says. "i'm sure it's nothing to worry about though" she takes our a pijama shirt and closes the closet.

"yeah i guess but it's just king of weird. jade asked for it like it came to her mind in the moment." i say. she raises an eyebrow at me, shrugging.

"well if anything it's not lucy being weird. it's jade." she says.

"that's true. i don't know." i being my knees to my chest, yawning. it's getting late now.

"i wouldn't bring it up at the moment." aubrey sits on her bed and looks at her bright phone screen.

"yeah, i won't. thanks." i tell her as i lay down in my bed, trying to relax.

"no need to thank me. get some sleep."

"already on it."

hey! i hope you read the message at the top of this chapter. it's important :)
🗳 please heheh