chapter 35

dakota's p.o.v

i shouldn't known. i shouldn't known all along that jade was just trying to break lucy and i apart. she stole my promise ring from lucy. MY ring!

i stormed downstairs, ignoring lucy's pleads. i then the corner at the bottom of the steps seeing everyone in the kitchen grabbing eggs and bacon and what not. my eyes land on jade as my blood starts to boil.

"you!" they all turn to me, a confused looks on their faces. i go over to jade, grabbing her by the collar of her shirt and dragging her out of the kitchen.

she stumbles, dropping her plate on the kitchen table in the process. i pull her into the sitting area, knowing damn well everyone in the kitchen is listening.

"dakota what's wrong?" she asks as i let go of her. as much as i wanted to just tackle her for stealing it, i wanted to use my words.

"listen i don't know who the fuck you think you are but i am so sick of you!" i raise my voice at her. i watch as lucy storms the stairs and over to me. she stands in front of me, trying to calm me down.

"dakota there is a better way to handle this." she puts her hand on my cheek. i nudge her away, finding a way to stare daggers back into jade.

"where is it?" i ask her. she furrows her eyes brows, confused. "so help me god if you don't give back my ring that you stole i will-"

"babe babe hold on!" lucy raises her voice at me. "we don't know if that's what happened. please take a breather."

her words just made me more mad and irritated but for her, i tried to come myself down. i know jade took it. i know it. but i love lucy so i have to relax for a moment.

i put my hands on my head, taking a deep breathe. after lucy sees me attempting to stay calm, she turns to jade. jade has her head hung low.

"jade..let's talk. yeah?" she asks.

lucy's p.o.v

i speak to jade in a calm voice in an attempt to have her tell me the truth. i know dakota is fuming but we don't know the story yet.

"lucy stop being so nice to her, she stole my promise ring." i hear my girlfriend behind me. i sigh, hoping to the gods in my mind that jade didn't do this and it's a misunderstanding.

"what's going on?" kenzie comes running in and going by dakota's side. "d, what are you talking about?"

"i know jade stole the promise ring lucy gave to me." she says once again. i watch as jade looks around at everyone, her eyes filled with guilt. please no.

"what? why?" kenzie stares at jade confused.

"everyone be quiet." i say as everyone starts coming out of the kitchen to hear and see. i turn back to jade, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"jade..did you take dakota's promise ring that i gave her?" i ask her straight up. there is no way to beat around the bush here.

her face turns red as she realizes everyone is waiting for her answer. she gulps, fiddling with her fingers.

"of course." dakota chuckles. "of fucking course she did because she is trying to break us apart."

"dakota, she didn't answer." i give her a look. her eyes bulge out of her head.

"are you joking right now? she's hesitating!" she yells at me.

"would you just let her speak please!" i beg her. i think she's going to explode everywhere in a second.