chapter 30

lucy's p.o.v

when dakota left that night, i laid in my bed and played on my phone. dakota and i texted every once and a while and that made me laugh considering i just saw her and she's down the hall. after i told her jade was at a party, we spent most of the night cuddling which was the best feeling ever.

it was getting late and jade still wasn't back yet. i have no responsibility of her but i hope she didn't get mixed in with the wrong people. she gets drunk, but never too bad. she's always aware.

i haven't told dakota yet that i invited jade to come home for christmas with all of us. it's already next week so i need to tell her quick. jade doesn't have a good relationship with her family and i feel bad. her friend would probably let her stay but jade seemed upset the last time i talked about our christmas break, so i had to do something.

i'm afraid of how dakota will react.

i cant think negatively. we just got back on good terms and i want to keep it that way. no stupid mistakes, especially getting half naked in front of a bunch of college boys. what is wrong with me?

the light is off in the room and as i was started to get a little sleepy, my eyes closing slowly, i heard a big bang against the room door. i jump out of my skin, my eyes darting to the door and waiting for something else to happen. i sit motionless, my heart beating out of my chest at a million miles an hour.

i finally get up after a minute of rustling sounds outside the door. i open the door quickly watching ad jade falls into the room, her key in her hand. my eyes widen as i smell the alcohol and i her her groan on the floor.

"jade what the hell?" i bend down to pick her up off the floor, trying to get her on her feet. i slam the door shut quickly, wrapping my arms around her. i grab her key and drop it off on her dresser.

she looks at me and blinks a few times. her breath in my face makes me hold mine as i help her over to her bed. i drop her down near her pillows and she falls back, whining.

"l-lucy?" she extends her arm at me and i take her hand in mine. i sit next to her on her bed. she brings herself up and rubs her eyes with her other hand. "where..oh, my room. that's right." she hiccups and looks around seeming to realize where she is.

"how much did you drink?" i ask her. she shrugs her shoulders, hiccuping again and making a noise and that makes me think she's going to throw up. "geez jade do you need the bathroom?"

"n-no no, i'm fine." she leans against the side of me, still holding my hand and holding tighter when i try to pull away just a little.

"you never drink this much." i can't help but point out to her. "so why?"

"lucy lucy p-please." she slurs her words. "i'm tired and i don't know what you're saying." she says leaning her head against my upset arm. she holds onto my arm now, her whole body leaning on me.

"lay down and go to sleep." i tell her. i pry my arm away from her and try to stand up because i want to help her get comfortable so she can leave me alone. before i can get up, she wraps her arm around my waist, making my eyes widen.

"wait wait." she says quickly. i look at her, waiting for her to continue. "did you give dakota the ring b-back?" she asks, her arm still around me. i grab her hand that's on my hip and take it off, moving an inch or two away from her.

"yeah. why?" i ask her now, seeing her close her eyes and scrunch her face tightly. she yawns and shakes her head, falling backwards onto her pillows. "why?" i ask again. she grabs her blankets and i just watch ad she gets comfortable.