August 24th-25th

Funny thing, I'm sorry to my Wattpad readers since I actually didn't realize until now that I had uploaded this chapter on Fanfiction.net but forgotten to do the same on Wattpad. This chapter is super late on this site and I apologize for those waiting for another chapter. Luckily I decided not to break this chapter into two so enjoy this extra-long chapter I guess.

 I don't own the characters or their respective series as always.

Underlined Italics are Hiro's thoughts

Chapter 7 Your Thorn, My Badge Part One

August 24th

Mistilteinn

Before midnight, a titanic metal dome known as Plantation 26 or rather Chrysanthemum, had finally arrived and ceased movement a few miles away from the exterior walls of Cerasus. Various spotlights beamed across the shell of both Plantations as the adults of Plantation 13 and Plantation 26 began processing the magma transfer.

An automated voice echoes out, "Plantation 13 will now carry out the kissing with Plantation 26."

Alarms blared as massive tubes started to extend from each Plantation. From afar, Squad 13 had decided to stay up and voyage past the forest, overlooking the procedure within Mistilteinn's glass dome. Since they were just rookies, none have ever witnessed such an event and most haven't even heard of the term "kissing". Being one of the few who knew another form of kissing, Hiro placed his hand on the glass as he recollected the time he had first encountered Strelizia's pistil.

When we first met, Zero told me,

"A kiss is a very special thing."

An automated voice repeats, "Plantation 13 will now carry out the kissing with Plantation 26."

Do the adults kiss?

If so,

who was it that compared plantations making contact to a kiss?

Once the two tubes made contact, air hissed out as multiple cylinders locked them together.

"Say, what is "kissing," anyway?" Zorome wondered as he curiously pressed his face closer to the glass.

"You were watching all this time without knowing a thing?" Miku questioned, placing her hands on her hips while turning away with a smug look on her face.

"Shut up, dumbass! Do you know all about it?" retorted Zorome.

Since she didn't exactly know either, Miku flinched before stuttering, "I-It's when two plantations are stuck together, right?"

"That's not all," comments Kokoro with a smile.

"It's a transfer of magma fuel reserves from one plantation to another, through that big pipe," informed Ikuno.

Across from her, Mitsuru crossed his arms, adding, "That fuel is essential for both the adults and us to live. FranXX can't be operated without it, either."

"So we can relax now, right?" clarified Zorome.

"Not exactly. This is a large-scale transfer of magma energy. I've heard it'll attract a huge number of klaxosaurs." informed Goro.

"Are you serious?" exclaimed Zorome.

"A huge number, huh?" murmured Futoshi.

"Don't worry," happily reassures Hiro, gaining confused stares from everyone. "If we work together, we'll be fine. We even have Strelizia now."