August 2nd Part Two

Chapter 2 Mistilteinn

The two exited the testing chamber and followed the guards once again through the endless halls of the garden. They ended up back at the 'Stamen' and 'Pistil' corridors except someone was waiting for them. A man stood in the center of the hall, he had a buzz cut and was wearing dark colored uniform. "Codes 096 and 046, there are parasite uniforms placed in your lockers. It's essential that you change into them so we can depart to Plantation 13." Asuna and Kirito scurried off into their respective corridors.

Kirito entered the Franxx suit machine, the lazer started at his neck and went down to his feet. This brief process was captivating to him. The pilot suit vanished from his body as the black and blue striped shorts remained on him. He stepped out the machine and opened his locker which now contained undergarments, a uniform, and socks with shoes placed below it. He removed the black shorts and exchanged it with the underwear on top of the uniform. He examined his uniform, it was mostly a gray suit with a red y tie pointing up right below the collar. It was almost similar to his high school uniform, but more lavish and archaic at the same time with the matching knee length shorts and long socks. The uniform opened like a jacket, Kirito put it on and zipped it up. He pulled up the shorts and wore the socks and shoes. Everything fitted perfectly, nothing was constricting or too loose, he mumbled "How did they get my exact measurements?" Immediately he rushed out the 'Stamen' corridor, the two both finished and entered the hallway. Asuna's uniform was similar to his, the only difference was the skirt and instead of a red y, her tie was a red x.

The man leads the two down the corridors down the halls, towards a landing dock. Both Kirito and Asuna were freezing as they got closer. Eventually the walls were now windows, Asuna peeped out the window. The outside was like a winter wonderland, the faint light from the sun reflects off the white snow. The icicles hanging from the bare trees sparkles, it was a beautiful sight. She wondered if the wasteland Kikuoka mentioned was either a desert or more like this snow biome. Kirito turned to Asuna, she was obviously cold, her legs were shaking and she was hugging her arms to keep herself warm. He felt the same and got closer, wrapping his arm around her. The slight contact eased her, causing her body to stop trembling.

Shortly the three entered the landing dock, Dr. Franxx and the red haired lady awaits them at the entrance of the ship. Kirito examines the aircraft, its structure was similar to a jet with mostly a white exterior with a tad of orange mixed in. Kirito and Asuna pauses in front of Dr. Franxx as the man left and stood beside him, "Before we depart, let me introduce these two." He gestured to the stone faced man on his left, "This is Hachi, he's one of the adults assisting your squad and is in charge of the plantation's defense system."

The lady on his right introduced herself, "I'm Nana, I was Squad 13's caretaker when they were younger, so you can rely on me when you have a problem." She sounded kind and caring, her tone was like a mother's which is one that both Kirito and Asuna haven't experienced much of before. She wore the female version of Hachi's uniform.

Asuna smiles, "It's nice to meet you Hachi, Nana."

Kirito realized something about their names, "Code 007 and Code 008 right?" Both Hachi and Nana froze with a shocked gaze on Kirito. The two haven't been called their actual numbers for years.

Dr. Franxx slightly chuckled, "Precisely Code 096." The five board the aircraft, the interior was all white with big tinted windows. There were six seats, all were empty except the two in the back. There were two identical suitcases, but the one on the left was labeled 096 and the other on the right was labeled 046. Kirito and Asuna sat in the back with their numbered suitcases as Dr. Franxx, Nana, and Hachi sat in front of them.

The door closed shut and the aircraft vibrates then ascends into the sky. Kirito leans left, looking at the door to the cockpit of the aircraft, mumbling "Is someone driving or is this plane automatically moving?" He turned his attention out the window, the ground was covered with piles of snow. He barely spotted any wildlife in the air or on the trees below.