Chapter Fourteen

"So what are we doing here again?" I asked as I looked around the mall trying to find any sign of Scott. He needed to buy a suit since he now wanted to go to the formal that he was banned to go to. That wasn't what I didn't understand, what I didn't understand was why both me and Stiles had to be here. I had things to get done and my mind was blank because I'd taken so many pills to tranquillise my brain from all the electrifying pains that shot through me every few hours.

I had several things on my brain: I knew Derek was alive, I needed to know where Derek was, and my plan. It was a plan I had conjured this morning.

"Because Scott needs our moral support," he muttered spraying a different set of perfumes.

.... for shopping?

"Why are you messing about with perfumes?" I added on, "whoever your buying it for don't get that one. It doesn't last longer than ten seconds so it's not good value for money," I then added, he deserved to know before he wasted his money. Stiles sighed placing it down, but as I turned back to look at the front my eyes met Allison's who was staring directly at us with a smirk and Lydia was stood beside her with her face looking dismal. "Oh, this can't be good," I muttered. "Right, I'm going home. I have stuff to do."

"Wait...but what about the plan," he interrupted and I swung my eyes to look at him.

"That's what I'm doing."

"Oh..."

Getting home, I collapsed onto my bed breathing through the new onslaught of pain. I would appreciate it if the hunters would stop. Closing my eyes I took another breath or so, but when I opened them I was no longer in my own mind. I was in someone else's.

In front of me was no other than Kate Argent, and I was taller, but this can't have been my body. Was this Derek? "Come on, Derek." Yes. "He killed your sister. Now, either you're not telling me because, well, you want to kill him yourself... or, for some reason, you're protecting him." Kate droned out her voice blurred and difficult to understand as she stepped forward, "look at that sour face. I bet you always used to get people coming up to you saying, "Smile, Derek!" "Why don't you smile more?" Don't you just wanna kick those people in the face?"

"I can think of one..." Derek grit out and a sickness formed in my stomach as I continued to watch. He sounded so beaten.

"Promise? 'Cause if I thought you'd be that much fun, I'd let you go. All right, let's see... Nothing... nothing... nothing... God, I hate this detective crap."

"Are you gonna torture me, or are you just gonna talk me to death, huh?" Derek snapped, a bit rude that he would offer himself up for torture when I was linked to him.

"Oh, sweetie, I don't-I don't wanna torture you. I just wanna catch up! Remember all the fun we had together?"

"Like the time you burned my family alive?"

"No, I was thinking more about the hot, crazy sex we had... But, the fire thing? That was fun, too. I love how much you hate me," she mused before she licked all the way up Derek's chest and he pushed through the restraints with a roar, "remember this?" She continued with a laugh, "sweetheart... I really don't want to torture you..." and then another came into view, "but he does..."

I woke up seeing through my own eyes and immediately my body was pushed into bolts of pain. Was I dreaming or was that real?

The next time I saw him was at the formal and naturally I had my hands stuffed into myas I walked over to him and Lydia. My heart was thundering as my eyes jumped around trying to spot anyone suspicious. There had to be something around which gave it all away, but I couldn't see anything. My heart even drowned out the noise of my black heels which were painful on the feet.