Chapter Fifty-Eight

We were stood on the roof of Beacon Hills hospital. I had my coat wrapped tightly around myself to block the onslaught of wind that was attacking us and I couldn't help but be thankful that I'd put my boots on over my fluffy socks which were poking over the edge of them. It was dark and there were torches littered around the crime scene.

The scent of blood was strong everywhere.

Derek and I were stood in the corner higher above everyone else to keep out of sight. We weren't technically supposed to be in the middle of the crime scene. "Hey, let's get everyone off the roof..." Noah said to Parrish, "And see if you can stall the M.E. for five minutes. I've got an expert of my own coming to take a look."

I knew full well he was only talking about Derek and somehow that made me angry. I could feel the smugness radiating from him and if he wasn't careful I was going to push him off of this roof.

"You have an expert on teenage cannibals?" Parrish asked I would have been just as confused if I didn't know about the supernatural world and everything in it.

"Five minutes, Parrish," Noah begged and Parrish sighed looking at his Sheriff for a second before he nodded.

Turning around he began to clear everyone from the roof and Derek jumped down beside Noah causing him to jump from shock. I quickly followed after. "Uh, I guess you've been there long enough to hear we need to be quick about this. Scott said he called himself a "Wendigo?""

"Cannibalistic shapeshifters. But, I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must have been well-hidden," Derek admitted as he looked around. His brows furrowed and his eyes narrowed as he took in a few deep breaths through his nose, "how many people did Scott say were up here?"

"Just Sean and the axe-murderer, who apparently has no mouth. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" Noah asked, but Derek shook his head.

"There was someone else... Someone young, and male..." he said and both me and Noah looked to him confused. I could smell blood but I couldn't differentiate between them.

"You can smell his fear?"

Derek began to grimace, "and his blood."

"So...is anyone gonna bring up the question as to why Scott's lying to us?" I asked looking between them and they both shot me a look but I think it's quite a valid question. "Fine then, I'll re-word it. Why is Scott hiding the boy from us?"

It was around an hour or two later when we made it back to the loft and I couldn't be more thankful that I'd chosen to take that small nap earlier today. Even if it wasn't technically a choice. Everything was dark and black except the sound of a pained groan and a rapid heartbeat echoed throughout the loft.

Derek flicked on the lights and the sight of Peter with an axe in his chest. He was bleeding out onto the floor. I was not cleaning that up.

Both Derek and I could only stare at him as we attempted to figure out what had happened. It was slightly weird to come home and see a man lying down on the floor with an axe in his chest.

"Well don't just stand there. Help me." He gritted out, and Derek sighed dramatically before walking over to him. I followed after him since I didn't have anything else to do.

Derek pulled out the axe and Peter groaned out in pain and I rolled my eyes at his childishness before helping him up onto the chair. He could be a right child at times and it was becoming quite annoying. He inspected it for a few seconds before grabbing onto a box which permanently lived under the desk.