Chapter Forty-Four

Feeling something on my wrist, I forced myself to wake up. Everything felt heavy. Pushing my eyes open, I came face to face with a rather rounded one. I didn't know him. Frowning, I tried to push myself back to see him better. I was stood up and chained to a large fence and from the scent that immediately hit me I knew that both Peter and Derek were in the same room as me. No, even better, they were next to me.

The man in front of me turned away and walked out, and I slowly turned to look beside me only to see both Derek and Peter staring at me confused. "Well, shit," I cursed looking back in front of me.

It was silent for a few seconds before one of them finally spoke up. "What are you doing here?!" Derek hissed first, and he had such an accusing glare that I couldn't help but be filled with rage. It was like he was angry at me for attempting to save him although just like the first time I'd ended up getting myself stuck in the same position as them. Chained to a wall. Dear lord I really was useless.

It was hard to ignore the pain that came from seeing him. Two months wasn't long enough to get over a relationship that was for sure. Two months was completely nothing in comparison to the love that I'd given to him.

"Oh, me? You wanna know what I'm doing here?" I scoffed, my voice became so unnaturally quick and with each word that spewed from my lips next both of them seemed to look more confused, "why don't you bloody explain to me exactly how the bloody hell you came to get here laddie? I mean goin' around and gettin' bloody electrocuted and you expect me to sit back in Scotland and just take it?!"

Peter leant in as far as he could, "did you understand any of that?" He asked.

"I got lost after explain," Derek muttered back.

"Is it possible she got more Scottish in two months?"

"Oh my god," I groaned out looking away from him, "how about I say it much slower and easier for you both." Bringing up my leg, I jammed it into Derek's thigh causing him to grunt out in pain although the same pain shot through myself, "it's your fault." It was then did I realise that both of them were half naked. Glancing down at my own body, some relief flooded through me as I realised they hadn't stolen my shirt. Just the two men beside me. Although they had taken my jacket and my shoes leaving me in just a tank-top and jeans. Was it for a fire hazard reason? I suppose that was reasonable but even then... they were doing something medieval anyway, so what was a little fire?

"That doesn't explain why you're not in Scotland," Derek grit out, his anger was seeping into my own mind and I rolled my eyes leaning against the fence. What was even the point anymore?

"Well, Scotland just ain't that fun anymore when the alcohol doesn't even work. And between Stiles pestering me and Dan shoutin' like he's tryna summon the devil from the sea It all got a bit much." I admitted, my voice droning with boredom. In fact, it almost sounded like I was mocking them. I was just so fed up with all of it, "now what are you lovely fella's doin' here?"

"We're looking for something," Peter cut in, and he opened his mouth to say something more when the sound of footsteps echoed throughout the room.

It was the same man from before. He walked over to a small red box and I could feel Derek tense up beside me. Why was he tensing up? My question was quickly answered as he turned a small grey thing and electric shot through all three of us - except it wasn't a sensual or sexual thing. It was completely unbearable pain. And yet we were the bad guys in this world and they were the heroes? They were barbaric.

I should have stayed in Scotland. I made the same mistake...twice. I'm officially the most stupid person in the world, and here I was telling the twins that I was the only one with common sense. Next time I leave I'm breaking my phone as well.