Chapter Twenty-Five

"So, this kid's the real killer?" Noah asked, and I tried to focus on what they were looking at but it was hard to do so. I may have taken an extra pill over the prescription to get rid of the pain and to keep Stiles happy in hopes of hiding the fact that the stress was more than just stress. I couldn't believe that it was simply stress which was affecting me so much and from the way Deaton had acted and how Derek was acting I'm convinced they thought differently as well. Although, my attention was still caught by my parents words. If they were alive today, would they have thought that?

My eyes were aching from the late hour, or technically early since it was around one in the morning. I'd managed to shower to get rid of the stench of chlorine whilst also changing into clothes more comfortable. By more comfortable I mean the hoodie belonged to Derek and I'd just shoved a pair of jeans on as well along with a pair of fuzzy socks to keep my toes warm.

"Yeah."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"Dad, come on! Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So, all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common," Stiles explained. We were all back at mine and Stiles' house - all being me, Stiles and Scott - and we were trying to convince Noah that Matt or the boy who was thrown into the pool was the killer. It was a lot harder when Noah didn't have the knowledge of the supernatural world to help him understand.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class."

"All right. Okay, you're right. Sorry. Then, I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But, that doesn't prove anything," he said before turning to look back at Scott and me, "Scott, Grace, do you believe this?" Stiles' face fell into one of shock and offence.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt."

"I believe him," I added on.

"Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him."

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?" Stilinski asked and Stiles threw his hand out.

"Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks!" He said and we all looked at him confused, that wasn't the response we were hoping for, "they haven't won in, like, six years!" At Noah's look of warning he released a sigh, "okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"We need to look at the evidence."

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." Wait what? When had he lost his job?

"Trust me, they'll let you in," Stiles urged and Noah's face tugged.

"Trust you?"

"Trust... Trust Scott...?" Stiles added on and Noah looked at Scott as if in contemplation.

"Please," I dragged out and he then glanced back at me as I shot an innocent smile and he sighed.

"Fine."

Walking into the police station, I clutched tighter at the edges of the sleeves as we headed to the front desk. Noah was in front of us of course as no matter how well the deputies knew us they would still never let us in without him. He'd also have the experience and authority to make the connections and act upon them.