Chapter Sixty-Three

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked as he looked over Parrish. He was stood with his arms crossed in front of the deputy who was looking completely lost and confused. I didn't blame him; I'd be lost and confused if someone covered me in gasoline, set me on fire, and I was still alive. That was the story we'd been told anyway and the reason Scott and Lydia had brought him to the loft to figure out what he was.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead," Lydia said and Derek nodded.

"Well, they should be gone," my brows furrowed at his words and I couldn't help but snort out a laugh.

"Why's that the surprising part. His car blew up. Boom. All of him should be gone," I pointed out throwing my hand out to gesture to the deputy. Had it been a normal fire then I probably would have understood the worry but when he'd been in his car and it had blown up then that was a completely different story.

"Not if he's like us..." Scott denied, but that was just a lie.

"Like you?" Parrish asked looking over to Scott but Derek shook his head.

"I don't think he's like us..."

"Then what is he?" Lydia asked Derek sighed before shrugging.

"Sorry, but I have no idea."

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira..."

"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary-- did you try Argent?" Was it strange to be asking Argent? Two years ago and we'd have never even dared go near Argent because he was a hunter. I suppose that just goes to show how much people truly do change.

"I don't know where he is..." Scott admitted.

"Okay, hold on-- what's a bestiary?" Parrish asked, but he soon changed his mind on the question he wanted to ask, "actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?" He asked looking between all of us and we frowned not understanding.

"Psychic?" Derek repeated before we looked to Lydia and she shrugged.

"Yeah, not exactly...."

"Okay... Then what are you?"

Scott thought it would be better to show him first rather than tell him. They then went into an in-depth description of all the supernatural creatures we'd encountered including the Oni, the kanima, the alpha's, the druids, the darach, the banshee, the werecoyote, werewolves, and with each word Parrish seemed to get more and more confused. I didn't blame him.

"What's a kanima?" Parrish asked.

"...We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us-- everyone with some kind of supernatural ability-- is on the Deadpool," he explained and Parrish frowned not liking that idea.

"But I don't even know what I am."

"I'm pretty sure they don't care," Derek added on.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?"

"We're starting to lose count," Lydia admitted.

"Are they definitely all professionals though? Like, you said Haigh was the one to set you on fire...he's a moron. He's definitely not a professional assassin," I reminded and Parrish nodded in agreement.

"That means anyone with the Deadpool could take a chance."

"But if Haigh had it, then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?"