(3) Fuck you, you, and definitely you.

Artemisia's POV

I wake up to someone knocking on my door and shout, "What?"

"We're leaving for brunch in 30 minutes." I hear my dad say before walking away. I flip him off even though he can't see me and then rub my eyes awake.

I've been here for a day and a half, and none of them seem even apologetic for the shit they did. But I'm leaving today, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't plan on coming back anytime soon.

I don't get what you were expecting. I guess I was hoping for closure for what they did to me when I was a kid. I wasn't ready to face the world completely alone at 16. We were constantly having to think of how to survive the next day. I'm just thankful I had you by my side. It was tough, but we're tougher, Artemisia.

I grab my phone to look at the time and see I got a text from Kai.

Kai:

Good morning beautiful
Any plans for today?

I have my brother's birthday brunch to attend
But I might have lied about the disappearing thing

A few seconds later, I see the texting bubble appear, but then it disappears. Wow, is he really going to leave me on read? I jump when my phone starts ringing and answer his call.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" Kai asks, worried.

I smile from just hearing his voice and then slap myself to stop. "Well, I don't live near here. I'm supposed to drive back home today."

"When are you coming back?" He asks.

"Hopefully never," I mutter, getting out of bed.

"Which pack are you a part of?" He asks.

"Technically, I've been a rogue since I left and hate this place. But my shitty dad is the alpha of the Storm Forest Pack. Dumbass name if you ask me." I say, starting to get ready.

I hear him chuckle and force myself not to smile. "I actually have something to tell you. Do you have any free time after your brunch so we can get to know each other?" He asks.

"Ya, do you want to meet somewhere?" I ask, changing into a new outfit.

Outfit:

"How do you feel about pottery?" He asks randomly

"I suck at using the pottery wheel, but I like painting the product in the end," I say, remembering I destroyed a bowl I was trying to make once.

"I'll text you the address." He says.

"Great, it's a date," I say, ending the call. Before I could overthink my response, I heard Xavier shout we're going. I quickly pack the rest of my things in my bag to leave this dump quicker.